A Mapping Project Payment Crisis

obodobear

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 15, 2016
The only file they currently have access to is a pretty dated bsp file I posted on gamebanana a couple months ago. Other than that I showed the map to them by streaming it on steam and having them watch me demonstrate the map

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
The only file they currently have access to is a pretty dated bsp file I posted on gamebanana a couple months ago. Other than that I showed the map to them by streaming it on steam and having them watch me demonstrate the map

Then basically, you hold onto it until you come to agreement. Don't be passive.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Top marks!

obodobear

Mar 15, 2016
Okay... So I talked a bit to the server admins, and they do not seem to have much of a budget, I don't think they anticipated me making them a map would require that much money. I think I will negotiate a bit with them, and see if the admins can all pool in some money for payment. I might just have to leave this as a lesson for projects later on, and make sure to plan out this kind of thing in advance. Thank you everyone for your help on this topic.

obodobear

Mar 15, 2016
Also for anyone interested in playing on the map I made, here is the link to the gamebanana page. It is a very outdated version right now but when the situation is worked out I will update it
http://gamebanana.com/maps/190145