A map idea, feedback?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by SeanMcPhearless, Sep 17, 2015.

1. SeanMcPhearless

SeanMcPhearless L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    So I noticed that most of the classes kinda have their own maps based off their backgrounds. The Demoman has Degroot Keep, The Medic has Rottenburg, ect. I was thinking of map ideas that would fit the other classes and I started with Scout. Scout loves baseball and I thought that the map theme that would fit scout best would be Baseball. But how do you make a Baseball tf2 map? I thought up a bunch of ideas but one of them I really liked. I don't know if this would be possible or if it would even be good but I thought that you could have 4 capture points just like baseball and if you manage to capture the first point, a briefcase will appear and a player must run the rest of the capture points (you wouldn't have to wait to capture the other 3 points, just touch and run). the defending team must track down and kill off the running team or diffuse their first capture attempts (kinda like getting a foul ball i guess?) let me know what you think, If this idea is ridiculous or could be improved? Thanks :)

2. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    Definitely shouldn't take place on a baseball field, wayyyyy to open.

3. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    It's perfectly possible to do - it's basically attack/defend CTF with a few changes - but I'd advise against setting the map in a baseball field.

4. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    Basically just set it in Boston.

5. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    Gamemode idea might be good but baseball field as a map would be way too open

6. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think the classes consciously have maps made for them. In fact I can't think of any others.

7. Davekillerish

aa Davekillerish Lvl O: Orange Member

Positive Ratings:
    The concept for this map is amazing, the gamemode is very unique and would definelty be one for the history books. But dont set the entire map in a baseball field, maybe a small open field for the intel or final cap.

8. about drew

about drew L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I think some of the farm-themed maps could be set in Texas, where I assume the Engineer hangs his hardhat (based on his very Texan accent), though I suppose he could as easily be from Oklahoma or New Mexico

edit: Also, cool idea for a map. I would be interested in playing that if it was successful.

9. Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Perhaps have a small amount of the map in the infield of the diamond, with the bleachers and outfield off limits, and have the rest in the locker-rooms/other inner rooms of the stadium?

10. CriminalBunny

aa CriminalBunny Lasers are just deadly rainbows

Positive Ratings:
    What about actually making it in a baseball field but... MEDIEVAL MODE!
    please don't

Jokes aside, I'd like to see this gamemode become a thing

11. Davekillerish

Positive Ratings:
    Engineer is from texas, says so on the wiki. Also, only texans know how to say Dag Nabit Digit Dabit Dagit like he does.

12. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    So what is the "ect"? I can't think of any official maps that go with the Pyro, Soldier, Heavy, Sniper (somebody made a decent map based on "Meet the Sniper"'s backgrounds a long time ago, but that's all that comes to mind), or Spy.

13. about drew

about drew L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This is true

source: I am from Texas

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. Davekillerish

Positive Ratings:
    I second that, solid map idea dont let it die.

15. Davekillerish

Positive Ratings:
    Spy was 2fort, solider was granary, sniper i could argue dustbowl or thunder mountain, no heavy or pyro map though.

16. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Spy would arguably be Doublecross, since (1) that's what spies do and (2) the MtS board is in it.

17. ExtraCheesyPie

ExtraCheesyPie L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just because the "Meet the" videos are set there? That's pretty loose.

18. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    none of those maps were made with the characters in mind.

19. nitewalker

nitewalker L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    a baseball stadium could make a totally legitimate map, just make the map take place inside of the stands and around the concession area/locker room area with the baseball field itself just background and skybox elements

that being said, the idea seems needlessly complicated for a normal game of tf2, could be funny as some sort of custom gamemode with all scouts though

20. MoonFox

MoonFox L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I feel like I had something to say... Oh yea... Boston factory floor... I may make a ctf or koth in that style...