Model A Half of the Model

FrostyHoneyJuicy

L3: Member
Jun 12, 2014
Can someone please make a half of the "models/props_urban/urban_shredder.mdl".
The current one is really wide for my map!

How does the "models/props_urban/urban_shredder.mdl" look like?
gZATLDn.jpg

It's a prop that you can find in the mvm_mannhattan.

If you're willing to cut the model into a half, thank you! But please don't forget about the sequences & other attributes.

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
You could probably get away with hiding half of the model inside brushwork for the time being, or just mock up something with brushes until your map is nearing release candidate.

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
Then, as I said, you dont really need them in a alpha map. They only serve a visual purpose. Just make the pits deathpits.

FrostyHoneyJuicy

L3: Member
Jun 12, 2014
Then, as I said, you dont really need them in a alpha map. They only serve a visual purpose. Just make the pits deathpits.
You know, some props are actually required so players understand the purpose of some specific areas. The pit is really small & if I remove those props, the pit will just look ugly. The ugliness will force all players to give some really useless feedback that I don't wanna see & hear at all!

Trust me, I know what I am doing. The map will be get out of the alpha stage soon anyway!

Jusa

aa
May 28, 2013
You know, some props are actually required so players understand the purpose of some specific areas. The pit is really small & if I remove those props, the pit will just look ugly. The ugliness will force all players to give some really useless feedback that I don't wanna see & hear at all!

Trust me, I know what I am doing. The map will be get out of the alpha stage soon anyway!
What ever floats your boat. Im just giving you options since I doubt no one wants to bother making a model for a map in its early stages.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
You could try set the "modelscale" property on it to 0.5 if it's prop_dynamic. Hammer won't update the preview/show the correct size, but it'll be correct in game. Just so you know model scale is performed relative to the prop's origin.

Last edited:

Kube

Not the correct way to make lasagna
aa
Aug 31, 2014
You could try set the "modelscale" property on it to 0.5 if it's prop_dynamic. Hammer won't update the preview/show the correct size, but it'll be correct in game. Just so you know model scale is performed relative to the prop's origin.

TIL.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Cutting the model in half might not work, as each gear spins, so you should just cut a small box area in the wall so half the model sticks out of the wall.