a good listen

Aug 19, 2008
i don´t know how you keep yourself unbored in your head, but i like to switch between music and podcast

hence my question since my podcast archive is running dry

which podcasts can you recommend?

my list so far:
for the funz: Control Point; Kritzkast; Friendly Fire; Random Chatter
for the brainz: Dan Carlin´s Hardcore History & Common Sense; BBC History Magazine; Great Books - A Chapter a Day (i think it´s dead)

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Used to be big into podcasts but recently I've taken to Pandora. I write down the names of any bands I like then get an album and hope for the best.

Ah, and on a side note I'd have to thank eerieone for introducing me to Tryad with his cashworks flythrough. However I don't know where to give him the +1 thanks so I'll just thank whatever his response to this is then.

Last edited:

Jack Riguel

Jul 19, 2009
hehe, tryad is genious :)

i used to listen to pandore, but they blocked that service outside the US :/
i´ve switched to deezer.com , tons of famous artist and albums you can listen for free

I'll check deezer.com out. I'm starting to grow tired of my Deep Forest albums.

Ug, that sucks. Well maybe it's a balance since BBC is blocked in the US. :/

Hell, I live in alaska though, so we don't even get Sirrus/XM since apparently America doesn't want Canada to have it.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009

Agro

L1: Registered
Aug 24, 2009
i don´t know how you keep yourself unbored in your head, but i like to switch between music and podcast

hence my question since my podcast archive is running dry

which podcasts can you recommend?

my list so far:
for the funz: Control Point; Kritzkast; Friendly Fire; Random Chatter
for the brainz: Dan Carlin´s Hardcore History & Common Sense; BBC History Magazine; Great Books - A Chapter a Day (i think it´s dead)

Woot! We got a mention. Thanks for listening to kritzkast :)

Also, I can recommend (if not already mentioned by others);
Beer School
Cranky Geeks
Custom PC Podcast
Engadget
Epic Fu
Film Riot
Freeskier Magazine
gdgt weekly
Geekbrief TV
The Onion
Scam School
TEDTalks
Tekzilla
this Week in Tech

Fearlezz

May 4, 2008
I dont listen to podcasts. I listen to music on Spotify. And some times electro/house music on youtube. There are some quite nice playlists there :). But spotify is also good if you have an account :p

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008

Shaar

L3: Junior Member<BR>toboruin
Aug 7, 2008
Insomniac game's podcast, I used to listen to it, but I need to catch up on it. it's very entertaining, plus they normally get people in for interviews, as well as hosting competitions.

it's also done with a bunch of people who act like children. so it's all good :p