A few words about me leaving the staff.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by A Boojum Snark, Apr 18, 2010.

1. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't been able to find how to say what I really want, so I'll just be brief and try to explain because I know some of you will want to know.

Basically I feel I was putting too much into it. When I get into something I tend to go beyond what I should or need to do. I found myself spending too much time thinking/worrying about something related to the site, and by stepping down I can free myself of that.

I'm not leaving, I'll still be around answering questions and making semi-annual alpha releases :)rolleyes:). I've offloaded most of my gameday stuff to others so all I have to do it make threads and schedules (this doesn't take much for me, last year I wrote myself an app for it), because I couldn't just yank those from the community entirely. I'll still have Group Officer for making event notices if needed (like Aly and Rav), but that's the extent of that.

• Thanks Thanks x 25
  2. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    People join, people leave, C'est la vie.

3. ANova

ANova L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    His not leaving

4. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for all the time you've put into TF2Maps so far, Boojum. I'm sad to see you quit as a mod, but I understand that decision. I'm just glad you're not leaving. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    You were an excellent mod organising gameday and doing everything, and I thank you for being so awesome and putting so much time and effort into this community. Now that you're no longer a mod, hopefully you'll spend more time MAKING PONG ;D

6. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    I support you in this, even though I don't like it.
    Thanks for being everything you are and were!

7. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    You've been a massive help and inspiration to all those here at TF2maps.net. Since you're not actually leaving I can't exactly say it's a sad day and all that "you'll be missed" cliché goodbye stuff. But I would like to thank you for your efforts here.

I'd like to also personally thank you for the gamedays and demo's you've provided as you've personally helped me with these things in the past when things havn't worked out as simply as they should have.

If I could kiss you I would, but I think Aly might get jealous.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. WastedMeerkat

WastedMeerkat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, this just means that there's more time for your inner Entity Man to flourish.

9. Mick-a-nator

aa Mick-a-nator

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry to see you leave the mod team. I can understand why though. Good luck with the heaps load of regular work (maps, entity guru-ing) you'll be doing now.

10. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    It's a good reason for stepping down. I can really relate to the whole "When I get into something" situation, whether it's mapping, modeling, drawing or anything, I get sucked into it and cannot stop until I'm finished. It's quite a pain sometimes, but on the other hand it's very nice to finish the stuff I start, so I can keep/save it :)

Also, good work so far, now, let's see you finish a map ;)

11. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Its sad to see you leave the main mod group. However, I understand that one can get in over their head and needs a break if not an indefinite one. So thanks for all the mod stuff you have done. :)

12. Gerbil

aa Gerbil

Positive Ratings:
    Obligatory "Booj is credit to team" comment.

You've been a great mod and It's sad to see you leave the team. Good thing you're staying though I need someone to harass with entity help :p

13. Jimmy

Jimmy L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Im sad to see you semi-leave. Im glad for all the help youve gave me through gamedays and the invaluable STV demos from said gamedays, and the prop and gametype libraries.

SNARK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!

14. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    We need an Ex-staff member section of the forums.... that way we can gather around and say things like "back in MY day" :p

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  15. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    I second this notion.

16. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Only if the forum would be public or at least vips can look at it. :p

17. Rikka

Rikka L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, you're not leaving, and you'll still be around to share all your entity wisdom, so I'm not sure what to say. So, umm....you're name being in green just doesn't look right.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Mr.Late

Mr.Late L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, it's good thing that your not going to abandon us!

19. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Is Moonballs is getting another alpha shortly? Spend your free time on something cool.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  20. littleedge

aa littleedge L1111: Clipping Guru

Positive Ratings:
    You had a good reason to stop. Pretty similar to my old clan and why I left that.