Model A few junction box models nedeed. Please

jakerpot

L1: Registered
Nov 8, 2009
Hello guys, i'm new here in the forums, but old in Hammer and etc...

I'm making a map named cp_pressure and it is an indoor map. It looks a little bit with turbine. I is a control point (obviously, cp_ :p)
map and it is small/medium sized. Ok, what i need is some junction boxes. You know, we already have 2 or 3 junction boxes in the SDK models, but i need a little more complex one. Something like this:

junctionboxes.png

(I've done this quickly on paint for you guys have some inspiration ;) )

You can made your way, but it can't be big or too small, the normal junction boxes size is good. By the way, if you can do some pipes to conect the junction boxes, i would be very happy, so i can create the junction box in hammer using the pipes and the boxes, not as a only model. If you don't understanded this paragraph, forget it :p.

I know it's not a big deal, and you don't need to do it fast if you do not want, make it slowly... :)

Thank you guys, bye!

OBS: Contact me in my e-mail if you need to: jakerpot360@rocketmail.com

Aug 19, 2008
Acumen has been working on something like that, but i dont know if the project was abandoned

[ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=7404"]THREAD[/ame]

the connections between the single boxes could be simulated with simple func_detail-brushes

jakerpot

Nov 8, 2009
hum, well this isn't exactly what i want... i mean, i want junction boxes, not pannels. But something like this helps too, if someone have models of "pannels", please send me :)

PS: Oh, now i saw the other pages, yew, they are junction boxes! ":p

Are we going to see this finished?

Last edited:

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Please provide approximate sizes for modelers (make brushes about the same size in hammer, and paste the size of the brush in units here) so they will fit just like you want them to!

Last edited:

jakerpot

Nov 8, 2009
Ok, in Hammer Units, the weight is 59,2 and width is 109,0. In normal modeling units i don't know because i'm not a modeler :p

These are the units of a normal junction box (The second of the image, composed by 2 fuseboxes), you can do the larger ones larger and the smaller ones smaller, using this as a reference :)

Thank you.