A Dumb Question From a Mac User

CuriousCortez

L1: Registered
Feb 8, 2015
Hi there, I'm pretty new to the Mac/PC gaming world, and I'm interested in mapping. The only problem is that I have a Mac, not a PC! I've looked into running Hammer or Wall Worm via Wineskin, but it looks like such a hassle, and I really don't want to use BootCamp etc.

I have a REALLY dumb question.

Is it possible to create TF2 maps in Garry's Mod?

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
Hi there, I'm pretty new to the Mac/PC gaming world, and I'm interested in mapping. The only problem is that I have a Mac, not a PC! I've looked into running Hammer or Wall Worm via Wineskin, but it looks like such a hassle, and I really don't want to use BootCamp etc.

Try different emulators. Youll find the best for you.

Bunbun

aa
May 18, 2014

Aaaand this is why i bought a PC :p

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Don't try to use emulators with Hammer. Just get a copy of Windows 7 or 8 somewhere and install it via Bootcamp (or use Parallels or VMWare Fusion). Honestly. You'd save yourself so much hassle trying to set that thing up. With Windows you'll also have the option to get into VTFEdit, Hammer itself, a more stable version (and faster one) of TF2, etc.

zpqrei

Theme Changer Extraordinaire
aa
Oct 19, 2008
Don't try to use emulators with Hammer. Just get a copy of Windows 7 or 8 somewhere and install it via Bootcamp (or use Parallels or VMWare Fusion). Honestly. You'd save yourself so much hassle trying to set that thing up. With Windows you'll also have the option to get into VTFEdit, Hammer itself, a more stable version (and faster one) of TF2, etc.

Bingo. I do all of my mapping on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro.