A/D mapcomp // ozfortress

Discussion in 'Contests' started by tarmo-, Sep 28, 2009.

1. tarmo-

tarmo- L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Visit [ame="http://www.ozfortress.com/showthread.php?t=34279"]Rules - ozfortress[/ame] for more information

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
  2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    hmm.. interesting. i might participate :)

3. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    $500! Nice. I might. Never mapped for compedative though.

4. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    To make an A/D map for a group of people who refuse to play defencive classes.. would be interesting.

5. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    3 point a/d is popular in 6v6 and it works ok-ish i guess. but then whenever i've played 6v6 we've had an engie on defense

Is it something I can submit a map to retrospectively, for example, furnace creek?

6. Ravidge

aa Ravidge Grand Vizier

Positive Ratings:
    Nope, "All maps must have been designed/created after the competition start date."

7. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    So many rules... it's like they make them up just for the hell of it.

8. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    yea seems overly restrictive...

9. Guardian

Guardian L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Makes sense that it's for A/D gravel pit like maps.

After all it seems that now-a-days we have a lot of 5-point maps but not a lot of gravel pit style maps.

10. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    There's always a shortage of one particular game mode. But it'll probably always be TC. Because for starters it's a lot of work for a mode most people don't enjoy. Although personally, i do like TC.

11. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    I think TC is daunting for a lot of people, mainly because you're making 3 (or more) small maps inside one large map, which can get frustrating to juggle about with.

12. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    The same could be said of 3 stage A/D maps.

That said, a lot more balancing is required; as often, stages arn't symetrical (or atleast for the only official TC map so far, but thinking of other maps like meridian also).

I had initailly thought TC to be rather simple, but apparently even Booj has had difficulties with the game logics. So maybe i'm just too naive to realise how complicated the setup really is. Or maybe he just hasn't looked at it properly yet.

It is most certainly a project of projects. But many beginner mappers have not been intimmidated by large projects, such as Eerieone and his Cashworks, and others undertaking payload and now PLR maps, with little to no experience.

13. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I dont think 500AUD worth of prizes is enough to tempt me to make an entirely new map, since thats 500 between all winners they pick. Plus theres the horrors of shipping, and to cap it all AUD are less valuable than their monopoly money counterparts.

So, finish up stark and it's time to have yet another crack at TC. I swear that gamemode is gunna kill me

14. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Sweet! I have a A/D Gravel Pit map nearing A1 right now! :D Sign me up! Only one question, I am in the US so can I still participate?

15. Aragon

Aragon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    CPAD Mapping Competition

[​IMG]
    Visit [ame="http://www.ozfortress.com/showthread.php?t=34279"]Rules - ozfortress[/ame] for more information

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    I posted some questions about the rules in the thread. Also someone beat you to the punch. :p [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9818"]A/D mapcomp // ozfortress - TF2Maps.net[/ame]

17. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, when I get back home I may consider entering this. There are Runners Up right? Kthxbye.

18. Aragon

Aragon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Its $500AU in "cash" prize (and at this stage its more than likely to grow) There is no current second and third place prizes. So at the bare minimum first place is $500 in cash.

Comp ends near end of January next year:

19. Chaopsychochick

Chaopsychochick L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hmmm yeah this does look interesting, I think once I am done with Bayou I might make an attempt at it.

I really do love the asymmetrical dynamic of A/D, so I think I need to give it a shot. :)

20. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think our Contest Forum should be limited to TF2M-exclusive events ;) Please direct your attention to this thread; [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=9835"]CPAD Mapping Competition - TF2Maps.net[/ame]

• Thanks Thanks x 1