A couple problems

EvilEagle

L1: Registered
Sep 13, 2011
First of all, I'm creating a cp map that I should be able to post here in the next 2 weeks. However, I have a few problems. First of all, I have the purple spots on my capture points and I tried adding light to get rid of them but nothing happened. Second, I added a couple logs on to my map as prop static but every time you try to run across them you fall through. Finally I added a few health packs to my map but when I run the game they don't show up. I thank you all for any help. Keep an eye out for this map, it will be cp_forest.

Liran

Oct 1, 2011
Add environment cubemap on your map (can be anywhere)
You can use several, the one next to the origin (center) of the object will be chosen.
But just to get rid of them you can place the entity env_cubemap

EDIT
Almost forgot:
place a brush with material player clip.

check if the kits lie above ground and if they are prop or entity (entity's the right one to be able to use)

Last edited:

EvilEagle

Sep 13, 2011
Ok so thx for the heads up about the name, I'll probably change it to cp_woods. I fixed the purple and black dots and gave up on the logs. I got my health kits to apper, but when i grab them, they don't reappear. Ideas?

Oct 6, 2008
The logs issue is easy - just put in a func_brush - no clip texture - inside the log - it won't be visable - put player can run along on top of it. In game it will look like players are running along the log.

Be carefull of bullets - though - make sure you choose a texture properly - for example - if the log is supposed to give you cover - don't use a texture that will stop the player but not stop the bullets. "Hey, someone's shooting at me - I'll hide bewhind that tree! or not"(after you've been killed)

Sebi

L2: Junior Member
Aug 13, 2011
...gave up on the logs. I got my health kits to apper, but when i grab them, they don't reappear. Ideas?

Are you really really sure of that? A health kit is just a single entity with no inputs/outputs. They are too simple to be bugged. Were you patient enough?

And why did you give up on the logs? Just change the texture on the actually walkable brush from player_clip to nodraw because it stops bullets. (If even that does not work, use block_bullets instead as it is solid to players and bullets alike.)

EvilEagle

Sep 13, 2011
I fixed the logs, I just had to recreate them. In terms of the health kit I followed some tutorial on youtube but if there's an easier way I'd love to know

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
item_healthkit_full
item_healthkit_medium
item_healthkit_small

same for item_ammokit_*

EvilEagle

Sep 13, 2011
Thx, that's a lot better. Now I'm getting down to the end of the map, but there's one thing that's been troubling me since the get go. I need a skybox texture. The map is supposed to be a forest. I need a skybox texture that goes with that, but all the ones I have don't. I can't create my own custum texture and I need it to look foresty up close, not in the distance. Anyone have any ideas?