72 hr contest - didnt accept my map

biskuu

L2: Junior Member
Oct 25, 2014
I submitted my map on the Contest Entries forum and I just noticed that there was a thread opened for submitting your map. How should I know that? What is even the point of having a Contest Entries forum if it isn't for SUBMITTING MAPS FOR A CONTEST?

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
To keep the contest discussions and the map submissions separate.

I recommend you talk to Idolon about submitting your map after the deadline.

Also: the main discussion thread had a link to the upload thread (and the upload thread was constantly being updated with new entries), since you're wondering how you were supposed to know about it.

EDIT: I realise I sound kind of blunt here, sorry. Still a little worn out from the contest.

Last edited:

biskuu

Oct 25, 2014
To keep the contest discussions and the map submissions separate.

I recommend you talk to Idolon about submitting your map after the deadline.

Also: the main discussion thread had a link to the upload thread (and the upload thread was constantly being updated with new entries), since you're wondering how you were supposed to know about it.

Crash said he will talk with him about the matter.
This thread: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=24537 doesn't say anything about any upload threads, also that really doesn't seem to be the point of a Contest Entries forum. Contest Entries seems to be what it's name says, map entries for contests. Even other people were submitting it that forum and I thought that this is were I should upload it and that is what I did, I even finished before the deadline.
Suddenly I start browsing the forums and I see a closed upload thread...
Also, here is my map's thread: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=25220

Last edited:

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
It says so right under the header:
Rij2pZl.png

In hindsight though, on such a large thread it is kinda easy to miss...

Kraken

Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess
Dec 21, 2014
I think it said something in the rules about a separate upload thread.

biskuu

Oct 25, 2014
It says so right under the header:
Rij2pZl.png

In hindsight though, on such a large thread it is kinda easy to miss...

I wasn't aware that to enter the competition I must be browsing each page of a 35+ page thread. :p

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
This is why it's important to read the rules carefully. 65 other people (many of whom are very new) didn't have a problem. I hope you thank ido profusely for making the exception.

Last edited:

biskuu

Oct 25, 2014
This is why it's important to read the rules carefully. 65 other people (many of whom are very new) didn't have a problem. I hope you thank ido profusely for making the exception.

Too bad his post doesn't say anything about the way we are supposed to submit maps, it wasn't an exception I even say on my thread on Contest Entries (which I uploaded like 15 hours before the deadline) that it is for the 72 hr contest. :glare:

biskuu

Oct 25, 2014
Yeah, the only reason we made the exception was due to it not specifically being mentioned in the OP of the contest thread. It was referenced, but never overtly explained.

I know and that is why I am more than grateful to both you and ido :)