60 Mins

CP 60 Mins A2

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
60 Mins - 5CP map made in 60 minutes!

What's the best way to defeat mapper's block and to escape the feelings of stress over minute details? Simple!
Throw caution to the wind and chuck down brush after brush without fretting about sightlines or similarities to other maps, knowing that you have just half an hour to piece it all together into a coherent, operating map!

...And then spend another half hour setting up spawn logic and lighting/pickups/sealing/etc. !

As a result, this is clearly not a well-planned map. I have taken into consideration the basic guidelines however, such as height variation, sightlines (kind of) and at least 3 routes between areas. I have no idea how it'll play.

Although this was definitely not a carefully made map, I'm hoping to improve it through testing as with any other.

I'll also be releasing this in the Maps Orphanage despite me continuing it, as a kind of mapping base or example for others to use.

also I stole the skybox from ravine

Last edited:

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
Right now I think the biggest issue is with last, it has only two entrances and was probably the area I spent the least amount of time on. If anyone has any ideas or design tips, I welcome them. Was thinking about maybe connecting the bottom route to the point pit but then it seems like defenders can just easily push out from there. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait for an IMP.

But if you updated the map it makes the map made in more than 60 minutes which creates a paradox?
In all seriousness map is actually looking good!
It'll get a proper name when it's in a good state :D
And thanks!