5cp a/d questions

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Bull, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Bull

Bull L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys,

As some of you might know, I've been working on a 5cp A/D map like Steel. Minor difference though; I've thrown in an element of gravelpit; A+B will have to be capped to cap C+D, while E will always be availible.

Now, I'm not very experienced with the 5cp a/d gamemode so I'll need some awnsers from people with experience. Keep in mind that I've also altered the gamemode a bit. I have already got the gameplay elements working and I'm currently setting up the rewards for capping A-D.

Question one:
    Would it be okay to put RED's spawn already at C+D, so that they have to walk to A / B, while keeping the respawntime to a minimum? I've got a bit of a space issue in my map now, meaning that I don't have a lot of space left to place a forward RED spawn. The points themselves are quite close to eachother, see here.

Question two:
    How hard should it be to cap the A - D points? I kind of need to encourage BLU to attack the other points instead of rushing E but it should be possible to defend for RED as well I think.

Question three:
    Finally, what are some good timers for the cap points? Say, how many seconds should it take to cap a sub-CP and how much should E take to cap? I'm thinking about 15 seconds for E myself, and maybe 8 - 9 for A - D. I'm not sure of the last one yet because I have to give RED the opportunity to run from C > D if D would be capped, for example.

Cheers guys! :)

2. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    Why wouldn't you be able to just have one spawn for red? The reason steel has two spawns for red is to give red a more advantageous exit onto the main point from their first spawn compared to their second spawn, as well as giving red a smaller run to E and a resupply locker right next to the door to E from their first spawn. You just need to make sure that red will know where they need to go for each point right away, as the game mode is a bit confusing already.

As for the A-D point capture times, I'd look at the decompiled steel times, which if I recall correctly has about 15 seconds for A-D and 35 seconds for E, and use those times for the points at first, adjusting them after testing if needed.

3. Bull

Bull L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah that's what I was thinking: the map isn't too big so I think one spawn for both teams would be enough. Thanks for the tips!