Status
Not open for further replies.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
That's not logic. That's a checklist for the bare minimum: something every other map has.
The thing that this map has over other maps is it a MvM map.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
I feel like you're not really getting what I'm saying. Nobody complains about a map being too big if it's not too big.
I did make it not to big but people still complain about it.

That's not something it "has over other maps"
It does. Do you wnt me to add a death pit then?

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
It does work. I made it work.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
No.

I want you to create a map from scratch. By yourself. Then it will be "your own". An edit of an existing map is not "your own".
Then nobody would play it. If i made it from scratch. I will make a new map. But it will just die on the spot.

Viemärirotta

sniffer
aa
Feb 5, 2016
Look, whatever you do to this map, it won't be your own regardless if it's a modification of somebody else's.

May 27, 2017
It'll die if you don't work from the feedback given. If you don't understand a bit of feedback just ask in chat, I did that and it worked well. All new mappers will make mistakes, everyone does. After a while however, they will improve and so can you.

Blade x64

Logical insanity
aa
Sep 3, 2009
Based on how you're disagreeing with and defending against just about every comment here, I'm not sure why you're asking for help when you aren't taking what's offered. You even disagree with the players.

It's clear you have your own understanding of what's good and what works. You won't accept our understanding, so you'll have to improve your skills by yourself.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
oh my good fucking christ. I give up. I fucking give up.

We have explained this to you over and over and over. You make a map, you get feedback, you use that feedback to improve your work. But you don't listen. You just repeat the same excuses over and over. You refuse to accept anybody's help, then you complain that nobody wants to help you.

So you know what? Do whatever the hell you want. Make as many Valve modifications as you please. Continue making up excuses to avoid actually putting any effort whatsoever into improving yourself and your work. I'm not helping you anymore. Enjoy the rest of your mapping career.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
It'll die if you don't work from the feedback given. If you don't understand a bit of feedback just ask in chat, I did that and it worked well. All new mappers will make mistakes, everyone does. After a while however, they will improve and so can you.
I did work off of the feedback. Look at the maps.

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
oh my good fucking christ. I give up. I fucking give up.

We have explained this to you over and over and over. You make a map, you get feedback, you use that feedback to improve your work. But you don't listen. You just repeat the same excuses over and over. You refuse to accept anybody's help, then you complain that nobody wants to help you.

So you know what? Do whatever the hell you want. Make as many Valve modifications as you please. Continue making up excuses to avoid actually putting any effort whatsoever into improving yourself and your work. I'm not helping you anymore. Enjoy the rest of your mapping career.
I use the feedback in the maps. Just look at my older maps. But I don't want feedback saying that my ideas are shit and can't work. Everything can work.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Then nobody would play it. If i made it from scratch. I will make a new map. But it will just die on the spot.

Not every new map dies on the spot. If you can get it tested, that's a third of the process done already. Getting feedback is the next third, and apply the feedback, as well as applying your own changes as you see fit, is the final third. These thirds can take different lengths of time each time you do them, but that won't matter if you have the passion and drive to map.

It's clear you have the passion and drive to map. You just need to apply it to maps you make from scratch.

Or you can just pick up someone's orphaned map and go with it, which is what I did, but then again I'm pretty sure I'm an outlier.

May 27, 2017
I did work off of the feedback. Look at the maps.

Then keep bloody going. Make a change and it didn't work? Change it. Oh woopsy didn't work yet again, better go change it. Oh look that worked, I'll keep it. You don't make a final layout in the first go, that's like being a 5 star chef on day one.

Jethro

MUSty Complainer
Nov 2, 2009
Okay, a distinction needs to be made.
It does work. I made it work.

Technically, the map does work. You could theoretically play an entire match on it.

However, the layout is just not meant for PvP. It's meant for MvM. You haven't done enough to change it. And the amount of work you'd need to do to change it would make it not a MvM map or at all related to Mannworks anymore. It doesn't work on a higher-level design standpoint.

When people say "it doesn't work" what they mean is "this map is not meant to be for PvP". I mean, what have you benefited from making a 3CP map out of Mannworks, other than a bunch of free work done for you detailing wise?

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
Not every new map dies on the spot. If you can get it tested, that's a third of the process done already. Getting feedback is the next third, and apply the feedback, as well as applying your own changes as you see fit, is the final third. These thirds can take different lengths of time each time you do them, but that won't matter if you have the passion and drive to map.

It's clear you have the passion and drive to map. You just need to apply it to maps you make from scratch.

Or you can just pick up someone's orphaned map and go with it, which is what I did, but then again I'm pretty sure I'm an outlier.
But If i pick up someone's orphaned map then they will not call it mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.