3D Skybox problem

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
I've been having a problem with my 3D skyboxes, and that problem is no matter what I do to cover up the edges of the skybox, all anyone has to do is rocket jump to see past the skybox. This is more apparent with the stock night Skyboxes that are messed up on the bottom. No matter what I do outside of putting the entire map in a big hole and clipping off the top so people can't jump that high stops this. Any and all help is very much welcome.

T

The Asylum

How big is your map ceiling? If it's necessary to make it really high, try putting in playerclip brushes to make a low outside ceiling

some screenshots of your map and the problem areas would be nice

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
How big is your map ceiling? If it's necessary to make it really high, try putting in playerclip brushes to make a low outside ceiling

some screenshots of your map and the problem areas would be nice

The map in question is for the 72 hour contest so any screenshots I take now are already far changed from what they previously where. I was able to fix up areas by just makeing a much, much, larger skybox and have everything slant uphill. I feel there is a much better way to cover up the edges than this since every map I make shouldn't be forced to be in a valley or pit. I had hoped that using fog would help the issue but it doesn't really.

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
If you're morally opposed to building up mountains, you can try using skybox fog to conceal the seam. Upward is a good example of this.