1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

3D skybox issues

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by carrotstherabbi, Jul 23, 2015.

1. carrotstherabbi

carrotstherabbi L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, so I've been working on my map for a while now and I'm trying to put in a 3d skybox. I have two separate skyboxes, 1 for my map, and 1 for my background. I have only 1 sky camera in the background skybox. It would be at 0,0,0 if it were in my map skybox. I guess I'm doing something wrong, because I'm getting this problem where it just replicates my map and puts it into the skybox. Any help would be appreciated. http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...810/518DDAF40CF7E75E03379129826D90F219DBD057/

2. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Make sure you don't have a sky_camera in your main map. EDIT: and by this i mean make sure, i know you said you only have one in the actual 3D skybox but it's worth checking. Besides that, check if you have a leak.

3. Berry

aa Berry spooky scary skeletons

Positive Ratings:
    This happens if your 3D skybox has the brush texture for "Skybox" and not "2D Skybox" (I don't know the file names at hand).

4. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Berry, what you just said confused the fuck out of me.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    This actually looks like what happens when you leave a copy of your actual map in the skybox geometry. There should be an empty space where the playable map fits in; any stray geometry in that space will appear in your map just like in the screenshot.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  6. LeNitrous

LeNitrous L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Check for leaks. Happened to me once.

7. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Definitely not the case. I just loaded up the source file for 2fort and it uses the regular skybox texture for both.

• Thanks Thanks x 1