3d skybox help

tannermyne

L1: Registered
Nov 6, 2015
I used the interlopers compiler log checker and it said
"can't load skybox file skybox/sky_tf2_04 to build the default cubemap!" and
"make_triangles:calc_triangle_representation: cannot convert"
I tried the solutions they gave on the site only non of them helped.
20160808105740_1.jpg

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Emmm, then we can see any problem on map or something...

tannermyne

Nov 6, 2015
I don't know how to upload files to the site for I am very new to hammer and this site.

Erk

erk
aa
Aug 6, 2016
It looks like a leak to me, but what do I know.

Have you tried loading the pointfile?

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
Its easy upload a file, just type a comment like this and click in ''Upload a File'' button (right the post reply)

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Take your compile log, put it in here: http://www.interlopers.net/errors?page=errors .

Tell what it says, because this most definitely looks like a leak (or missing materials, which I doubt).

Wait, this is the stock TF2 skybox? You might have missing/corrupted game files. To fix this, close all applications using TF2 content (Hammer, CompilePal, GCFScape, etc), then go to Steam->right-click Team Fortress 2 in the game library on the left->Properties->Local Files->Verify integrity of game cache. This will replace any missing or corrupt files.

tannermyne

Nov 6, 2015
As I said at the top I used it and it said "can't load skybox file skybox/sky_tf2_04 to build the default cubemap!" and
"make_triangles:calc_triangle_representation: cannot convert". I still don't know what they are.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
As I said at the top I used it and it said "can't load skybox file skybox/sky_tf2_04 to build the default cubemap!" and
"make_triangles:calc_triangle_representation: cannot convert". I still don't know what they are.
That's why you load your compile log into that website, it tells you what those errors are.

But since this is a stock TF2 skybox we're talking about, I suggest you first check the game's local files on anything broken/missing, which I also put in the post.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
coff *Upload the file* coff
No need for it if it can be solved without any vmf (which this most definitely can). No need to rush things.

BenCo

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 30, 2015
You can also upload .vmf to dropbox and then post the link here so we can check.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
By the way, those two errors you gave can be ignored. The can't load skybox error is spat out every single time, the other one never gave anyone issues here (looking from older threads with the same issue).