3cp gamemode preset

Discussion in 'Request Area' started by Uncuepa, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    I am looking to create a map equal to Standin, the domination style. The issue is that the ABS gametype preset pack doesn't have one and I don't know how to change the number of cp's. Could anyone help me out?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing dan's birthday was fun too

Positive Ratings:
    My best recommendation would be to open up the decompiled version of Standin, which can be downloaded from this forum post, or directly from here. There, you can not only see how the logic is set up, but if there is any additional brushwork/format ideas that help make the gamemode effective in play. Good luck on all your mapping adventures!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks Kube! Only noticed this now, been busy over the weeks!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    Shouldn't be too difficult anyway. Just set each of the point's prerequisites to themselves, which makes them always capable.

5. Berry

aa Berry if you read this you're a nerd

Positive Ratings:
    If you duplicate any CPs with that ABS prefab, make sure they all have new names, link to each other properly and that the new cp entity (not the prop) has a unique index.

If you just remove 3 CPs from the 3 stage ABS prefab, remove the stage entities and you should be good.

If you use the gravelpit-style a/d prefab, just set the only previous required CP for all the CP entities to itself and they should be good.