Stripeless metal textures

Texture Stripeless metal textures v2

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
THESE ASSETS DO NOT REQUIRE CREDIT OR ATTRIBUTION ¹.

Stripless metal textures - Better choose whether you want to have the black bars

Left is the original texture, right is edited. Any edited texture tiles with itself and with original the same as original does.
upload_2016-9-11_19-13-20.png

TF2 has a bunch of cool metal walls. Most of them have these black bars everyone has probably seen. Some of these have a version without these bars, but only some.
They look nice, but on wide or tall walls they look really repetitive and rowdy, and it becomes a problem (confirmation).
So, I took these 9 and made a stripeless version of them. Now having the bars or not is more or less always up to you.

Thanks to @MaccyF for sharing a nice Photoshop brush that enabled me to do this.

¹ Until 2020-10-01, there was no such clause.
In that time, three maps got in the game having used these textures, which gave me revenue and a few people a bit of hassle. These days I don't think these textures can significantly contribute to any map. Certainly, not enough to make me money while some people struggle to create beautiful things and get nothing in return.
So, from now on anyone is free to use them however you want, perhaps for further editing (subject to whatever Valve's terms on the original textures are).

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
pics coming soon
apparently doesnt work, trying to solve

Last edited:

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
No idea. Well, it's sound cache, but it has been created by the game and I guess it creates it for every mod that doesn't have it.