2nd Starcraft II Tournament starts! (Sign-ups)

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
The 2nd Starcraft II Tourney for tf2maps.net will continue! Hurray!

Tournament starts tomorrow, the 30th of August (schedule)!

This time there will be an EU group and an US group, so everyone can participate (except for the Asian people of us, but they are too good at this game anyway)!

How it will work

Because I think there will be +/- 6 players for EU and 6 players for US I decided to not use a knock-out tourney, but use a group phase first.
All EU players will be put in 1 group and all the US players will be put in 1 group. In this group you are going to play against everyone, twice. Every time you win you get 1 point, when you lose you get 0 points.
For example: Players A plays against player B, the player who is named first gets to choose the map (out of the current mappool in season 3) they are going to play on. When then the 2nd time B plays agaisnt A, B gets to choose the map. In each game you get to ban 1 map you don't want to play on, you will just have to tell you opponent that he can't choose that one.
At the end, when you will have played agaisnt everyone in your group twice, the first 4 will advance to the semi-finals, and after those come the finals.
All matches in groupphases will be a single game, semi finals will be a best out of 3 and finals a best out of 5, where both players get to choose 1/2 map(s), and the deciding game (if necessary) will be picked by me (Hanz) and omnomnick (who is helping me running this tourney) and will be the same for everyone.

I will make the match schedule when the sign-ups are done, and will make it public then. For every 2 matches you play (A vs B and B vs A) you get 3 days to complete. If you really don't have time (but think about this before you enter the tourney), I can delay the particular round by a day or 2 if you have a good reason. Otherwise you will lose that round.

Sign-ups

If you wish to participate, make a post here with your name, character code, region (EU or US) and race (Terran, Protoss, Zerg or Random)

Prizes

There will be prizes for both 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in both EU and US group. The 3rd price gets a hat: Milkman (donated by Verumae) and another hat I'll donate. 1st and 2nd get to choose out of a pack of 4 games, according to which game you don't own yet. 1st place gets to choose first, then 2nd. This game pack consists out of Terraria (donated by me) and 3 other games (donated by Dark), I'll update this once I remember what games Dark wanted to donate. :p

Other stuff

- Here you will be able to see the scores + the schedule!!

- You will be able to spectate games if you want, just ask the players who are going to play that game.

- If there is anybody here who wants to livestream and commentate on the games, feel free to tell me (supersandvich, i'm looking at you)!

- Please make a post in this thread when you will play your games and please update your post with the replays after you finished the games!

Last edited:

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
TMP ON THE US BABY

Kenon.911 Terran

IMA SWITCH OVER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT BECAUSE PROTOSS SEEMS COOLER FOR MY STYLES. I MEAN CHICKEN OUT AND KEEP PLAYING MY MAIN OF TERRAN.

Last edited:

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Hanz.290
EU
Zerg

lol
:D

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Season 3 mappool? with Antiga Shipyard and Searing Crater? oh fuck off >:

Nobody chooses these anyway :p

Edit: Or I'm actually going to let everybody say 1 map each game they don't want to play in that game, so you can vote out terrible maps. I'll update the OP with this later.

Last edited:

Westerhound

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 5, 2009
Westerhound.154
EU
Zerg

Season 3 mappool? with Antiga Shipyard and Searing Crater? oh fuck off >:

Antiga Shipyard is among the top3 maps that Blizzard has released atm. Searing Crater is shite tho, a bit like Xel Naga Caverns and Delta Quadrant ;_;

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
Yeah there are a few people who haven't played in a time so don't be discouraged because of that! The group phase will last a week or 2 so there is plenty time to learn through that round, and you could even start practicing now! :D

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
So we still need 1 EU players and 2 US players before we can start, please sign up fast so we can start soon! :D

Hanz

Ravin' Rabbid
aa
Jan 18, 2009
we can't wait for the patch to hit first huh

When is this patch going to go live? And you could always sign up already? :p