1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

2castle

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Kraftwerk, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    First off, a description of Medieval fortress is in order. Its a source mod plugin coded by Dperny, that makes it so only weapons that are "medieval" can be used (flair gun and medigun are exceptions but they are thought of as "magic"). This map is made for medieval fortress only, notice the name and the pics. THIS IS MEANT ONLY FOR MEDIEVAL FORTRESS. This would be a really broken map gameplay wise if it weren't for MF because MF is all about Huntspam, thus the long open sitelines. All thats left to do for this alpha is add in entities and spawn rooms and we are set to go :p
    Comments and Suggestions below please :p (Also: I know it looks bad now, alpha 1 won't have the random "sky" at the bottom, I promise.)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  2. h3r1n6

h3r1n6 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe it's me nitpicking, but what is a lightbulb doing in a fortress for a mod with medieval gameplay? Using the egypt torches would be so much easier.

Other than that, not really my type of game, so it's hard to say something constructive. I don't see how the castles are connected, which will be the most important area of gameplay. If you make it one bridge, the gameplay will center around that bridge and spamming arrows across it. But seing a mod like that, it is might be what you want.

3. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    download unavailaible.
    Thus I can't say a lot. I would encourige more lighting. TF2 maps need to be very very bright.

4. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Whats medieval fortress?

5. Kraftwerk

Positive Ratings:
    1. Lightbulb is there because its an alpha and I used a prefab
    2. I might add a second route in alpha 2.
    @political gamer: Its a plugin made by the ubercharged.net community member Dperny. It started with redfort, where if you changed the name of redfort to mf_redfort, it would activate the "Medieval fortress" plugin. What it does, is disables any non-medieval weapons (or non-magical) and tweaks some classes a bit (Heavy has a slightly higher movement speed)

6. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Could you give us a link to the thread?

7. Kraftwerk

Positive Ratings:
    Here is the thread: http://www.ubercharged.net/forum/index.php?topic=2341.0
    and here is the revival thread:http://www.ubercharged.net/forum/index.php?topic=3408.0. Anyone want to add this plugin to their server? Its currently residing on Ubercharged 1, but thats it :/. (Also: Screenies look dark, and bad, they aren't anymore, once I stop crashing in hammer, ill release it. It is missing things because i wanted to get it out as soon as possible :p)
    EDIT EDIT: So long as Im making shameless plugs, have a poke around the forums and make an account. Nine-axis is already a member there but im not sure he likes me due to an incident when he first came :p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  8. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Map looks okay, still a bit linear though (but without sentries, that shouldn't be a problem). The thing that I find amazing is that you can use the razorback in the medieval plugin. While it mostly fits the medieval theme, think about why you wouldn't want to equip it...

9. Kraftwerk

Positive Ratings:
    Were contemplating adding "assasin" (spah) as a class with just the cloak and the knife. Bout the map looking linear, I wanted to get an A1 out as fast as possible. A2 will contain a mote, traps and possibly (if I can figure out how) seige engines.

10. Kraftwerk

Positive Ratings:
    EDIT: A1 released, nothing like the pictures (or atleast, somewhat like the pictures :p)

11. Kraftwerk

Positive Ratings:
    Alpha 2 is out, its officially playable.

12. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Could you post some new pictures?

13. Kraftwerk

Positive Ratings:
    Im waiting till a3 to do that, when I have some detaling done, and I don't get stupid compile errors (like missing geometry). A2 is pretty crapy, if anyone would like to volunteer to detail it, (and clean some of it up) Be my guest!

14. lana

aa lana Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Post some new pictures.

15. Kraftwerk

Positive Ratings:
    Mkay, Like I said, it aint much better than before, but theres a littl more :p

16. Kraftwerk

Positive Ratings:
    Wegame isn't working for me :/.