2 suggestions to think about:

cornontheCoD

L420: High Member
Mar 25, 2008
some things that I think would be nice, that haven't really been brought up:

1. Could we have the contest announcements on the front page news or somewhere similar? I've been going to this site for 6 months now, and even though I wouldn't have had the time to do some of the bigger contests, I missed every single one. I now know about the new one, but it would be nice for the newbies ::p:

2. Just something to think about: should the mini mapping contest entries from other people be allowed to be used in other big map contests?

not trying to be a pain, just few suggestions

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
1) homepage, 3rd post down " TF2Maps.net: Mapping contest 05 - Payload map"

2) hmm...that is interesting...
People are allowed to download your .vmf and use it in their maps as prefab. That's the risk you have to take! * With credit*
in theory there is noting against that...

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
The contests do get put on the front page but only really when the site admins get a chance to sticky/news them. Youme just put 'em up tonight and i'm guessing Immortal/drpepper/DJ havn't seen it yet.

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
2. Just something to think about: should the mini mapping contest entries from other people be allowed to be used in other big map contests?

I think it should be allowed...with the understanding that if you only use other mapper's prefabs, you probably aren't likely to win anything.

MrAlBobo

L13: Stunning Member
Feb 20, 2008
depends...if it fits seamlessly into the level there is no reason why it should deduct from their possibilities of winning, its only if the prefab dramatically stands out that there should be a problem

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Pretty much been covered by everyone above, the contests are announced with a sticky anouncement type thing on the home page but they only stay there as long as there is no other news, any alternative is checking the contest subforum every once in a while (or looking at my sig for #05)
And using the mini mapping entries in a bigger map contest is absolutely fine, but if its really detailed and the rest of your map isnt it will stick out and end up counting against you, so just make sure it blends seamlessly in with your map and it will be fine.