2 Questions AddOutput and func_regenerate

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 【EmNudge】, Jun 3, 2016.

1. 【EmNudge】

【EmNudge】 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Decided to put these into one thread instead of spamming the sub-forum with tons of smaller ones.

1. Can I use AddOuput to set a targetname to a player and from then make buttons that only that player could activate. This might be useful in a jump map, allowing players who have gotten past certain jumps to be able to choose a previous jump location. This could easily be done with sourcemod and a command, but I want it to be built in.

2. func_regenerate is good for jump maps, but it plays a resupply sound every second. Is there a way to disable it on a specific func_regenerate?

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You can filter on a lot of things. The targetname kv is one of them. And filters just so happen to work with button entities.

3. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    1. Ya you can have the func_button target a filter entity itself with the input 'TestActivator'. The filter will then spit out OnPass or OnFail if the player matched the filter. You can use a quick output like:
    ' OnPass , !activator , AddOutput , origin -1623 -12805 1425 , after 0.1 '
    to teleport the player somewhere without having to deal with toggling a filtered trigger_teleport. (bunnyhop maps do this a lot because they don't have the spare entities to use for teleports).

2. Ya http://tf2maps.net/posts/197548/ I think Freyja made a post about this also but google didn't find it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. 【EmNudge】

【EmNudge】 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks, but as for the second portion - is there a way to only stop the resupply sound for a specific trigger?
    The map I have only has part of it an actual jump map. There are resupply lockers In spawn.

5. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Not as far as I know, you might just have to re-add the existing resupply sound but under a new name and play it from an ambient_generic in the map near the resupply cabinet. Here's the page on sound scripts by the way, maybe there's something in there for specific cases.

• Thanks Thanks x 1