2 Problems.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by LeChris, Oct 13, 2012.

1. LeChris

LeChris L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    1. I got portal 2 props they work well just... look everything looks fine but in-game these stairs (selected ones) are ghosted you just walk and pow one stairs are not even real model and you fell down... should i change to other ones or add playerclips around it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Portal 2 cubes. simply dosen't apear in-game i have no idea why and i really need it for map :/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    I'm going to avoid the obvious comments and answer your questions.

Those stairs I'm guessing don't have collision models. You can either use a different model or use playerclips.

The cubes can only be placed as physics props. Either make them prop_physics or, if you need them to not move, prop_dynamic_override.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. LeChris

LeChris L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you.

4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    It would have been obvious what the error was with the cubes if you had bothered reading the error messages in the console.

5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  6. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Some people don't know that those types of errors pop up there. sometimes, there isn't an error in there at all.

7. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    In this case, his error would be in the compile log, and it's pretty basic: "prop_dynamic cube001.mdl needs to be prop_physics" or whatever it is.

8. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Still, not a lot of people know to look there. Yea, it might be silly, but it's true.

9. tyler

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, so don't tell them it's sometimes useless? That's the first spot to check for errors, don't discredit it right off.