Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming

1st to cap 3 out of 5 points wins. possible?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by temion, Aug 7, 2009.

1. temion

temion L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm working on a new map, and I am playing with the idea that the first team to capture 3 out of 5 points in any order wins. It is an unusual concept I know, but maybe has potential.

Can such a thing be done?

2. -Kirby-

-Kirby- L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Quick question. Why?

There are many factors that can make this sort of map an unfair game.

For example: What if a team is stacked? The other team wouldn't stand a chance, for there only needs to be 3 points capped. Whereas on regular CP maps, 5 points gives them a chance, let alone both teams if one isn't power stacked.

I mean, it's a nice concept, but there are things you'll have to do to even things out for both teams.

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Have OnCapTeamX output to a math_counter (one for each team), have the counter's max value set to 3, have it's OnHitMax send SetWinner to the team_control_point_master. (possibly SetWinnerAndForceCaps, not sure which would be better for this case)

4. temion

temion L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Aha, thank you boojum! I'm going to test this out and post my results. :wow:

@kirby: the project won't play out like the post implies. The points are not all available all the time so it won't be like a big room with 5 points for a scout swarm :)

5. -Kirby-

-Kirby- L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I was thinking about it, and I have a suggestion.

Instead of making it the best 3 out of 5, just make it 3. But have both teams cap their own "last point" first, then to the center point, then to the enemy's point.

Buy Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor for PC at Green Man Gaming