1st to cap 3 out of 5 points wins. possible?

temion

L2: Junior Member
Aug 16, 2008
I'm working on a new map, and I am playing with the idea that the first team to capture 3 out of 5 points in any order wins. It is an unusual concept I know, but maybe has potential.

Can such a thing be done?

-Kirby-

L1: Registered
Aug 7, 2009
Quick question. Why?

There are many factors that can make this sort of map an unfair game.

For example: What if a team is stacked? The other team wouldn't stand a chance, for there only needs to be 3 points capped. Whereas on regular CP maps, 5 points gives them a chance, let alone both teams if one isn't power stacked.

I mean, it's a nice concept, but there are things you'll have to do to even things out for both teams.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Have OnCapTeamX output to a math_counter (one for each team), have the counter's max value set to 3, have it's OnHitMax send SetWinner to the team_control_point_master. (possibly SetWinnerAndForceCaps, not sure which would be better for this case)

temion

L2: Junior Member
Aug 16, 2008
Aha, thank you boojum! I'm going to test this out and post my results. :wow:

@kirby: the project won't play out like the post implies. The points are not all available all the time so it won't be like a big room with 5 points for a scout swarm :)

-Kirby-

L1: Registered
Aug 7, 2009
I was thinking about it, and I have a suggestion.

Instead of making it the best 3 out of 5, just make it 3. But have both teams cap their own "last point" first, then to the center point, then to the enemy's point.