1fort

shpladoink

L3: Member
Dec 19, 2007
I like the looks of it, when are you going to launch it to beta? I will recommend it to a few people once you do.

I held back on making this current release beta because I wasn't sure how the new spawn locations would work out. I've been making major changes and shuffling rooms around since a2, so I'd like to give it a bit more experience on populated servers just to see that this most recent setup works out the best. So expect beta to show up once I get the interiors a bit more populated with props (propulated?) and get the exterior looking more finished.

Though I'm hesitant to make any large scale renovations at this point, I'm certainly still open to suggestions on how to improve any given area.

shpladoink

Dec 19, 2007
Take a good hard look, because this is absolutely the last Alpha that you will see of 1fort. Promise.

Stuff's looking good, playing well, and although I'm still pondering a few minor balance changes, it's only going to get better from here on out. Those of you that have played on previous versions will probably notice some aesthetic changes here, but this release was mostly to fix a handful of bugs. Those of you that have not played on it, check it out! Put it on your server and tell me how it goes!

Changelog updated in first post.

shpladoink

Dec 19, 2007
TWO ENEMY SPIES GO ROUND THE OUTSIDE;
ROUND THE OUTSIDE, ROUND THE OUTSIDE
*dookadook WAAWWWW*
*dookadookadookdook WAAAWWW*
TWO ENEMY SPIES GO ROUND THE OUTSIDE;
ROUND THE OUTSIDE, ROUND THE OUTSIDE

Guess who's back
Back again
shpla-chan's back
Tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back
dadada mmda mmda mmda mmda mmda mmda mmm
dadada mmda mmda mmda mmda mmm

I'VE CREATED A GAME MAP
CAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO SEE ALPHA NO MORE THEY WANT BETA I'M CHOPPED LIVER
WELL IF YOU WANT BETA THIS IS WHAT I'LL GIVE YA
A LITTLE BIT OF FLAG MIXED WITH SOME CAPTURING
SOME FIGHTIN' IN THE WOODS LATE IN THE NIGHT
GONNA GET A KNIFE TO THE FACE IF YOU AIN'T AIMIN' RIGHT
NOTICE YA FLAG'S GONE CAUSE I BEEN CAPPIN' IT
AND YA SENTRIES ARE DOWN BECAUSE I'M SAPPIN' IT
(HEY)
I'M GOIN' DOWN ON RECORD TO SAY
THIS IS THE BEST VERSION YET OF THIS MAP I'VE MADE
THOUGH THERE ARE A FEW BUGS THEY DON'T BREAK THE GAME
SO DOWNLOAD THIS SHIT, 1FORT'S HERE TO STAY

Beta a go-go, baby.

shpladoink

Dec 19, 2007
Creative way to tell us of the epic beta, "Shpla-chan"

Also. You added a railing to the bridge in the sewer, you forgot about that in the changelog :D

I like it.

Yeah, I went back and added it to the readme like an hour after I uploaded it everywhere. Oh well.

With any luck, the sewer bridge and the side hatch will both be models in the next update, though I may have to release b2 sooner with fixes to the clipping bugs people have found already.

Last edited:

shpladoink

Dec 19, 2007
ctf1fortb2snow0002.jpg

Just messing around, but I kind of like how this looks. Maybe it'll be snowing next time you visit 1fort. WHO KNOWS

This information is from a single server? It's curious how most players either loved the map or hated it, according to the ratings given. I just now noticed a thread on your forums about a teleporter glitch, but the thread is from way back in March and I can't seem to reproduce the error on the latest released version. It's still possible to create teleporter traps on official valve maps, so I've been doing my best to minimize opportunities for that type of thing in 1fort.

Is the map still available on your server? Your current rating seems to suggest otherwise.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
The thing about the player ratings is that some players just press 1 to get rid of the window.

Badwater for example has 17 ratings "1" as well *shrug*

Last edited:

evanonline

L420: High Member
Mar 15, 2009
I know I'm preeetty late but I had no clue there was a B3 so I gave it a download today.

I like a lot of the tinier things done with detailing here, and some of the smaller additions like the area behind the shelves on the bottom floor of the fort. I wish this was more popular, yo.

mgsdude

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
there is one problem with this that i have encountered on my server and have had to take the map down for now.... sentrys under manual control (the wrangler) can shoot through the glass if someone is standing near it and kill them and other sentry's. any chance of a fix for this? or a tut on how to fix it?

Prop

Jun 17, 2010
Nice idea, nice.. everything. B3 looks amazing, the night time was done well I see! the only thing I dont like is than name. Theres so any (insert name here)fort's. Too many, it would be cool if it had a different name. :blush:

shpladoink

Dec 19, 2007
there is one problem with this that i have encountered on my server and have had to take the map down for now.... sentrys under manual control (the wrangler) can shoot through the glass if someone is standing near it and kill them and other sentry's. any chance of a fix for this? or a tut on how to fix it?
Thank you for the feedback! I will look into this issue and have it eradicated by RC1. (i have begun development on this again after a looong hiatus). Stay tuned, fort-bros!

As for a name change, I agree that there are too many ___forts, and that comparisons between this map and other maps that such a name brings to mind are... somewhat undesirable. I am considering renaming ctf_1fort for its RC version, so feel free to send suggestions my way.

mgsdude

L1: Registered
Jul 4, 2009
Any news on the development of this :3 would love to have it as a regular on my server, the old version is still in rotation :3