12 or 16 info_player_teamspawns?

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

Robot3x

L2: Junior Member
Sep 8, 2011
Almost all tutorials suggest placing 16 entities for each team, but from what I understand is that TF 2 does support 32 players very well?

Is 16 chosen so that servers can decide how many players they want playing?

Aug 23, 2008
To be honest, its not going to matter too much. The only real issue with 12 spawn maps, is that when a round first starts, you'll have some players inside of other players. Most of the time, thats not the sort of thing the majority of players are even going to notice or care about. I would go with 16 myself, because it just looks nicer, but its not really a huge deal, unlike counterstrike where a map with 12 spawns could end up having players spawn inside of each other in a 32 player server.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
TF2 was designed for 12 vs 12 (24 max). 32, however, is the max with mods (33 if you include stv/reserved slots). For this reason it is recommended your map support 16 vs 16, which is very little additional effort on your part.

Up to you.

Robot3x

L2: Junior Member
Sep 8, 2011
I stuck them in. I was just curious about the discrepancy. Also, most of the tuts I read are a little old so I didn't know if there might be something I was missing.