The original Zombie Survival Kart Battle was removed from the Rushy Servers rotation for being the most popular map on the servers, played more than 3 times as much as pl_upward. The map is now making a resurgence with improved logic, 2 more songs from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a Halloween theme, working soundscapes and spellbooks galore. I predict that the map will be just as popular as the original, so we'll be restricting it to certain days of the week...
This map does not function when attempting to play it outside of Rushy Servers. Please contact me if you wish for assistance in making the map compatible with your version of Zombie Survival.
Version 1 Update Log
This section of the submission documents the changes made in version 1 of Zombie Survival Kart Battle Event. For future changes, please refer to the updates log of this submission.
- Massive overhaul of theme of map, taking inspiration from Mann Manor.
- Unusued triggers removed.
- Added 3 more Mario Kart 8 Deluxe songs, the full list now being Battle Stadium, Excitebike Arena, GCN Luigi's Mansion, N64 Rainbow Road, SNES Battle Course 1 and Urchin Underpass.
- Detailed skybox.
- Inserted GameBanana watermark.
- Map now allows the RED team to leave spawn before a proper round starts.
- Replaced some health pickups with Halloween spells that can only be collected by the RED team.
- Created soundscapes based on the Halloween ones, adding Boo noises from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
- Performed full HDR compile with cubemaps and repacked map, reducing file size by roughly 30MB.
Links and Credits
Textures and models belong to Valve Corporation. Initial map design, music and sound effects belong to Nintendo from the games Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Map and extra textures made by Jack (Jack5) Stringer.