Here's an updated CTF version of my map Whistlepost, which originally featured a custom gamemode (which was pretty confusing to a lot of people). Note- Sorry for the console text on the screenshots, I'm too lazy to retake them!
This map features a KotH/CTF mix, where the intelligence is needed to capture the point. If this gamemode has been done before and you know of a map that uses it, please link to it below, as I'm not sure if this is a completely new concept. This is also my second map released, so it's either going to be my best or my worst. It takes heavy inspiration from 2fort, but I made sure to try to avoid the choke-related problems 2fort faces, which I think will help both the gamemode and its gameplay. I probably won't even submit this to a Gameday! ::
To-do (more like "to-probably-not-do)":
- Overlays disappear after compile?
- Fix disappearing chunk of brush?
- Fix skybox issues?
- Compile with custom prefix?
- Make displacements (once the areas are finalized)
- A Boojum Snark, for his epic resources
- All of the posters on this thread
- Xi.Cynx, for some decompiled Valve maps
- Crash's 72-hour livestream on his Twitch for giving me the inspiration to start this project
- xzzy, for some wonderful feedback on the WiP page
Older Map Versions:
a1 - https://www.mediafire.com/?9lb37orvuias5rb
And yes, I know that this is a very detailed alpha. That's just how I roll!