It's been about two years since I started this map, and more than a year and a half since I last updated it. There's a lot of things I really like about it and quite a few things I think could be much better, not to mention I've had a huge amount of playtesting on the most recent version from the contest judging period. This update is focused more on gameplay refinements than visuals. Let's hope I haven't ruined it
- Fully tore out and rebuilt spawn areas, which are currently remaining undetailed while they're being tested. The new spawns should vibe a bit more Gravelpit.
- Generally a lot of the visuals around spawns and spawn yards rn are work-in-progress while I'm playtesting this change.
- Relocated waterfalls.
- Added a spot in the first corner on the spiral ramp where you can crouch jump to the nearby ledge.
- Slightly moved pickups at lower floor of mid inside the central tower, to be more visible and in a less tight space.
- Turned clipping above corner towers into shorter spikes with trigger_pushes, which should hopefully be less obtrusive to jump classes.
- General geometry and displacement adjustments, especially with the aim of creating less awkward little spaces to get stuck in during combat.
- Messed with prop lighting settings.
- Swapped mossy rocks for plain or frosty equivalents (might try find or make a frosty waterfall rock skin later).
- Additional debris and supports.
- Removed cables for now.
- Disabled far-z clip plane.
- HDR changes.
- Some additional optimisation, not done by any means. The map is no longer a diaper skybox !!!
- Fixed a small logic issue concerning cart checkpoint skin changes.
- Removed flame effect from carts. Will likely make a decision about cart behaviour after round win in future versions, since the current behaviour is an issue for some people.
- Quite significantly reduced amount of unnecessary custom content.
Also, if you can think of a better name for the map, pls hit me up on discord with it! 'Snowthistle' was always meant to be temporary and I'd love to find something better fitting