The main features of this update are:
- A much needed artpass for most of the map.
- Players no longer have to download any files*
- Fixing a few bugs that had been lurking since alpha 1
- Adding the ability to use the cheat room before the first wave.
* This is only possible if the source mod plugin "SM File/Folder Downloader and Precacher" by SWAT_88
is used. For those of you who don't want to use the plugin or don't
know how, you can have the clients install the custom files like before.
Instructions for both are included in the readme.
My plan is that this will be the final beta update.
I have some minor polishing I need to do (replacing brushes with displacements for example), but the gameplay and logic is finally at a place that I am happy with.
- Added door sounds
- The cheat room can now be used before the first wave
- Better skybox and graphics all around
- Modified the texture of the sapper to indicate that it doesn't do anything
(since I am unable to remove it)
- Added instructions to the Readme on how to use the cheat room
- Only show the text "play as spy until new weapons are unlocked" if the player doesn't choose spy on the first wave
- Got rid of the autoexec.cfg
- removed server bit rate commands
- moved some commands to the map cfg file
- removed the need to use a custom file, most files will
now be loaded via the bsp
- HHH particles, models, and animations are now packed in the bsp
NOTE: this may not work correctly if you play on a map that has the HHH beforehand
(none of the packed files will be used and the default HHH will be used instead of the custom demobot)
It also may cause slight changes if playing on a map with the HHH afterwards
(specifically particles may not change back and/or the animations may be different)
- Removed 1 out of map bot spawn areas and added 2 others
- Updated the nav mesh
- Updated and improved the minimap
- Improved one of the unlockable doors in the waterfall room
- Decreased medic cost from 2 to 1
- Fixed some windows missing shadows
- Fixed an exploit where players could stand on top of a building
- Fixed a bug where players could be counted multiple times on map load
- Fixed a bug where turning on the waterfall would mess up bot navigation
- Fixed a bug where using the cheat room to spawn bots would cause every wave afterwards to immedietly end
- Potentially fixed a bug where bots spawning too quickly or on top of each other would cause them to teleport out of the map, preventing the wave from ending
- Improved the readme