Feedback from a1 (my first map):
- Map overall is overscaled. Mostly around mid area. Alternate route around mid is a bit useless, people felt that they need to pass through mid in order to get to another point.
- People said that the boathouse was pointless since it was too far, but engineers did end up using it regardless.
- Mid needs to be changed to be much smaller, but people did enjoy the design. (Yay!)
- Alternate entry point by shipping crates is empty. Also allows you to completely bypass mid. People were very confused when they ended up in the enemy's final point.
- Map being very open makes it difficult to play as a medic.
- The false door to mid is confusing as players think that they'll open. Perhaps switch with a non-functional door model?
- The arch above the side entrance to mid apparently shouldn't be able to be mounted.
- If you fall fast enough you can go straight through the func_croc. Oops! One crafty player place a teleport exit underneath it. Funny!
- The rowboats were not properly clipped.
- The I-Beams below mid point present no way to return, but players can still get stuck there.
- Completely restarted with a new map file. Only some detail was maintained. Map was drastically scaled down. Let me know if this is better now.
- Drop-down from mid to last was removed.New route added in its place.
- Extraneous area to the side of mid removed. You now have to pass through mid.
- Removed A and B signs, sticking to team colored arrow signs.
- Added a lot more areas for cover and hiding for medic and spy players.
- I had some fun with getting used to detailing and arranging displacements. I haven't painted any height changes, just got used to making quilts so to speak. I will save painting the displacement heights for later versions if this layout keeps.