Quick changes made after the test
Added cover around the point
Changed so that you can no longer access balcony from the point
Removed packs around cliff
Added skyboxes for optimization (still has bad fps)
A4 UpdateI made quick changes and ended up with new changes to mid that i wanted to try.
List of changes (that i remember) :
Removed one way doors
Made the cabin give slight height advantage.
Added rocks to block line of sights and funnel every route to the point.
Adjusted height variations around the point
Changed the mid to be closer to the viaduct formula
Fixed a shack not being mirrored correctly
Made a healthpack in an unused area more noticeable
Added skybox brush that I hope will not get in the way of soldiers and that I hope will give +2 fps
Adjusted wall cover on the point
Changed the hill next to the point to be less shitty
Made the balcony accessible from mid
Also I made a video after the playtest.
After making a video on what to change about this map a while back, I decided to finally go around and... make the changes.
Changed access to balcony
Added a new route that leads to a wooden shack that has a one way exit onto the point
Changed some angles
Inevitably added obviously nasty sightlines
Made the walls on the point too high to shoot over as heavy
Removed the loop around the point
Shifted spawn to hope to encourage
Simplified brushwork around displacements for better visleaves
These changes were made with goals in mind :
Make defense easier (stop getting mobbed)
Make attacking seem less scary
Make sniping not rely on abusing weird sightlines
Give a cozy forward spot for attackers
I made changes before the retest. The changes have been altered with the feedback.
I think it should be common sense to not use condenscending tones when feedbacking thx.
Made some areas larger and longer
Made the awkward building next to the point an open area with a death pit, and made route changes related to it.
Made the original death pit look better and brighter
Globally shortened spawn times
The map wasn't playable due to an oversight on my end (lack of testing).
Made so red can get out of their spawn.
Added some lights / brightened some lights for better lit rooms
Made so the capture zone is visible (orange dev texture)