This version will mark the end of Haywire's development, and I'm really happy how it turned out.
This map, being my second, taught me a lot about hammer, but even more about people, balancing, and what to do with feedback, given my first map was more of a "proof of concept" release for myself.
I've had people I respect a lot that made a lot of amazing stuff for TF2, including maps tell me that areas or certain things about the map are great and fun, but at the same time had the same genre of people tell me certain areas are bad, and that I'd have to rework them.
What I ended up doing is just trying to make the map good for as many people as possible; I learned that I can't make a Map perfect for everyone and that I just sometimes have to disagree or discard some feedback, which sometimes feels bad if I see that a fair size of players don't see a problem with it.
Overall Haywire has been a great learning experience, and in my eyes, a moderately nice map I hope people will enjoy on playing if they get across it.
But enough useless monologue, here is the changelog for RC2:
- Gave BLU more time after capping A
- Increased RED respawn after BLU caps A very slightly
- Added collisions to the Capture Points
- Disabled collisions of small props inside the spawn of BLU for fluid jumping around.
- Moved a metal plate at BLU's spawn so you no longer get stuck on it
- Lowered cement at the choke around BLU's spawn to allow players to get up without jumping.
- Moved a sign ever so slightly so it aligns better
- Made the Cow Jail at the final point less boring looking by adding some patches to it
- Added a hazard stripe at Last so people pay more attention to the fact that it's a deathpit
- Compressed file size
- Moved a staircase so it doesnt awkwardly clip through a wall anymore
Thanks to everyone that bothered to test Haywire, submit feedback, helped me through some Mapping issues or left some warm words on the thread or the Playtests!
Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1308849071
I'll be taking a break from Mapping for now and focus on school stuff, but you'll see me again on a new map soon(tm). And maybe Ill return to Uturn and try to make it into something that's not awful, who knows.