Hey. I've tested the map again and fortunately, most of the reactions were rather positive to both the looks and the gameplay! However there were still some hiccups, which I hope to have fixed in this patch.
If nothing else comes up, chances are the next step will be the final release. Haywire has been taking up a large chunk of my time as of late, afterall.
Either way, here is the Changelog:
- Adjusted respawn times for the first point to give BLU a higher edge, even in unbalanced teams.
- Added a variety of sniper sightline blockers to make sniper less powerful on the first point and reduce the amount of weird sightlines
- Made certain areas of the map prettier
- got rid of the stupid Cave-lights and replaced them with a lantern.
- Explored the advanced technology of windowframes for the two windows on Last so people stop mistaking them as open windows.
- Removed misleading arrows, added leading arrows to make the map less confusing
- Added BLU patches on the payload track to give BLU players an easier way of orientating themselves.
- Added a deathzone for the payload cart explosion!
- Added Cameras for spectators! You no longer face a big, red texture when loading into the map, how great.
- Added Clouds in the skybox so the sky doesnt feel as empty.
- Added some buildings and fences in the pre-skybox area so it feels less empty.
- Reworked the lightning! Goodbye black props, hello not black props.
- The long, empty white corridor of BLU's initial spawn is no longer empty!
- Added several nobuild areas so Engineers cant get out of the map via cheeky teleporters.
- Optimized the map. People should no longer get FPS drops around A/B.