Sometimes I am productive even while procrastinating, this is the result apparently. Something nobody asked for.
Soundscape file includes 4 distinct soundscapes:
- Background insects/wind/general ambiance
- 2 seperate tracks of birdsong, one default TF2, the other custom
- Flies buzzing occasionally
- Optional gibbon noises (position 0, no falloff)
- Optional frog noises (position 1, falloff)
Jungle.Inside (good for buffer between deep indoors and outside)
- Same as above but with pervading rain noise, other sounds slightly more subdued
- Optional close thunder (position 2, no falloff)
- Optional far off thunder (position 3, no falloff)
- Generic indoors ambiance (industrial hum)
- Faint bird noises, same 2 tracks as above
See a fancy video I made here demonstrating the soundscapes in action:
- Same as above, but with faint rain sound
- Optional far off thunder (position 0, no falloff)
If you have any issues with setting the soundscapes up read this and this, or ask away in the thread! Any feedback/suggestions welcome.
- Place both the scripts and sound folders into your Team Fortress 2/tf folder.
- Rename "soundscapes_junglemapname" to match the map you want to add the soundscapes to. i.e. soundscapes_pl_urban_a4
- Don't forget to pack the sounds and text file into the map!