- removed doors on the battlements (idk people said engineer is too strong lol)
- changed full health packs in basement to medium health packs (badly hurt players on mid could too easily fully heal with very little effort.)
- added crates on mid (players can use them as cover, especially from snipers. scouts (with double jumps) and pyros (with flarejumps) can also use them to get up onto the rooves.)
- added stairs to the left of the rooves (ditto to the crates, minus them being used as cover.)
- added info_observer_point entities to the courtyards (they aren't working it hurts me)
- improved signeage (players who had not played invade ctf were initially confused as to where to cap. in the future i will update the text telling the team the objective of the map at the start of the round if possible but for now this is the best solution.)
- moved health lockers in both spawns
- added soundscapes
- added a building
NOTICABLE ISSUES (note that most of these apply to 6v6 competitive games and probably wouldn't apply to casual or highlander as much):
- due to the removal of the doors on the battlements, sniper is now very strong and can safely stay out of combat while aiming when backed up by an engineer.
- this could cause sniper (and potentially engineer) to be run full time which is not the most fun to fight against and could force people to adapt to an unecessarily strong sniper.
- if, in this hypothetical full time sniper + engineer scenario, the engie was set up near the sniper the only solution to this would be to either back-cap around the pair's team's left flank, make the combo push towards the sentry through the basements (or otherwise risk the medic getting picked off by the sniper before being able to) or running sniper to counter both the other sniper and the sentry.
- movement-based classes (especially soldier and demo) are incredibly strong due to the high ceiling on the map, but low ceilings are a no-no.
- i don't think this is too much of a deal since scout, demo and soldier are basically cornerstones of the 6v6 meta in most gamemodes.
- the capture zone is still way too hard to defend if you don't have an engineer or heavy sitting there.
- i'm not too sure how to fix this one.
if there's any input you'd like to give on this map, particularly pertaining to 6v6 play, please message me on discord (fossilbro#7086 (i don't check this website all that often)).
edit: FUCK I REMOVED ALL THE CLIPS ON THE STAIRS I'M A FUCKING IDIOT