I received a lot of feedback that B is difficult to hold because the flank around the choke formed by the A checkpoint building, is too easily bypassed by going through the door that opens with A, which gives attackers height behind where Red is holding. The original intent to make a point with the same dynamic as Badwater's Second Point, where the roof is Red's main hold location and the area before it is Blu's "lobby" to attack it from. The design of the map didn't support this however, so I must adapt.
- Added a shutter to the upper entrance to the flank
- Added a doorway before the stairs to put a shutter into
- Added a sign overlay to the inside of the shuttered room, to explain its purpose before players are allowed to explore for themselves.
- Extended the room the stairs are in to accommodate the new wall
- Moved the health and ammo in the flank to keep them in play before Blu has pushed to the point in the track the roof opens up
I also received feedback about the flank that goes around the platform on A was too advantageous for attackers, and was too viable to push from. The intent was to make a risky flank that puts attackers on the low ground and on the wrong side of a choke, highly trafficked by defenders because of the valuable health pack.
- Replaced the medium health pack with a small one. The pack only ended up favoring attackers, because despite not being able to retreat through the dropdown, the health was all they needed to retreat to.
- Replaced the small health pack in the flank right of Checkpoint A to compensate for the now missing medium health pack.
Continuing to make Blu's life hell, I made some changes to Checkpoint C too. Red seems to have a hard time getting their first hold of the cliff/overpass area, so Blu railroads them before their hold can be properly established. After that, the point plays pretty well.
- Moved the checkpoint to the very end of the bridge
- Added a third rollback zone to the last slope before the bridge
- Raised a retaining wall to block a sightline between the cliff and the left door out of Blu's third spawn
Clipped off some sneaky spots for jumping classes.
- Added clipping over the door to the viaduct on the roof in front of B
- Added clipping to the train gates on C
- Added clipping to the sign in the gate left of Red's first spawn to prevent players riding the finale train into the building above the track from getting stuck on the hanging sign and being killed from the dropdown
- Added clipping above the retaining walls right of the main entrance to Last and rounded off the corner
- Added clipping behind the fence in the building behind B
Miscellaneous bug fixes and QoL changes
- Added a 20-second cooldown following the active train being switched to prevent an edge case where trains going opposite directions clipped through one another.
- Added a train trigger to the end of the aforementioned 20-second cooldown
- Added a resupply cabinet that was missing from Blu's second spawn
- Added a 3D skybox
- Extended the ramp onto the cliff on B to make it less steep
- Extended the ramp in Blu's second spawn to make it less steep
- Extended the trigger for the noentry shutter out of Red's first spawn that closes when B is captured
- Filled a hole in Blu's first spawn's func_respawnroom that engineers could build in
- Fixed a hole in the clipping above the right flank into Last
- Removed a barrel that was intended to allow Red players to jump over the Blue train before the flank left of Red's first train was opened up before B is captured