Tank doors now stay open before a wave, and close when wave starts.
Tank doors now has alarms when closing.
Fixed bug where flag templates were deleted on wave end.
Squashed bug displaying wrong intel HUD.
Tag "bot_gatebot" adds attribute "cannot pick up intelligence", then removes it on capturing the point.
Fixed Pyro getting stuck in ref pose with the Thermal Thruster out and touching upgrade station. (force melee refuses to work, so he just switches weapons faster by default)
Fixed bug where forward upgrade station not working until beating a wave.
Fixed bug with forward upgrade station where players couldn't switch from melee after the shop closed.
Fixed water not having a bottom texture.
Updated Engineer's dummy and grill to fire the correct logic.
Changed tunnel significantly due to feedback.
Changed respawn room upgrade station to show players can use new weapons.
Map Mechanics Changes
Bomb: Bomb(s) will spawn at robot respawn area instead of on the first CP. It should instantly teleport to the next robot that spawns.
Bomb: One bomb is spawned by using relays "wave_start_relay_classic" or "wave_start_relay_ironman", which spawn a bomb without a return timer and one with a 60 second one, respectively. Can add more with a few relays mentioned below.
Ironman CP: It is possible to recapture the control point as RED. When RED caps, all bombs reset.
Ocean Level: Instead of only being able to raise or lower the ocean level by one during a wave, users can set the height (1-4) using one relay, or during a wave with several...
Place the "Quoted" part as part of entity's Action.
wave_init_relay_oceanlevel - Packs all heights into one relay. "FireUser1" for lowest wave level, "FireUser2" for level 1 height, "FireUser3" for level 2 height, "FireUser4" for level 3 highest water level.
relay_oceanlevel_raise - "Trigger" Still available, raises the ocean height by 1 during a wave.
relay_oceanlevel_lower - "Trigger" Also still available, lowers the ocean height by 1 during a wave.
cp1_oceanlevel_raise_template - "ForceSpawn" When BLU caps CP1, lowers ocean level. Use ForceSpawn up to three times to raise it three times. (Resets at wave end)
cp1_oceanlevel_lower_template - "ForceSpawn" When RED caps CP1, lowers ocean level. Use ForceSpawn up to three times to lower it three times. (Resets at wave end)
cp1_ironman_relay - "Trigger" After BLU caps, RED can cap again after 60 seconds. (Resets at wave end)
add_noreturn_bomb_relay - "Trigger" Adds an additional bomb with no return timer AFTER CP1 is captured.
add_ironman_bomb_relay - "Trigger" Adds a bomb with a 60s shot-clock return timer AFTER CP1 is captured.
Added new mission: Rottenburg. (That's it)
Removed mission: Decoy Int2 (it wasn't fun to test)
Updated Mission: Coaltown Int1
Fixed Giant Armored Scout having 110 HP.
Fixed Medics going for the flag.
Changed "spawnbot_random" to "spawnbot" (only for you, mac)
Fixed getting stuck in door by beach.
Fixed missing icons in wavebar.
Possibly fixed crash due to area portal mislabeling.
Fixed a nodraw block.
Fixed bots trying to walk into a door without it being open.
Added gatebot behaviors and custom template popfile.
Added hologram arrows.
Added some fences.
Map Mechanic Changes
- The Bomb can only spawn when CP1 is captured.
nesman for expanded security fences
relay_cp1_ironman - "Enable" to add a timer each time the CP has been captured.
cp1_add_bomb_ironman_template - "ForceSpawn" to add a bomb with a timer upon BLU capturing CP1.
cp1_add_bomb_noreturn_template - "ForceSpawn" to add a bomb without a timer upon BLU capturing CP1.
cp1_oceanlevel_raise_template - "ForceSpawn" to raise the ocean level (up to 3 times max).
Added new mission for testing: Decoy Int2 x
Updated mission from prior upgrade #5: Coaltown x (ol' Coaltown, but with an x)
They're Valve missions quickly edited to keep things interesting.
Shortened level by more than 1000HU.
Added sirens for when ocean level rises.
Deleted trigger_hurt for obj_building (it also deleted money too, so it had to go)
Added forward upgrade station.
Medieval buildings tweaked slightly. Included:
More metal cost per function.
They WILL NOT self-destruct anymore during setup when health is adjusted (scrapped completely).
[Fixed bug where tank would disappear upon being hit by a Ballista Arrowbomb. (was because of trigger_ignite touching the tank_boss)
Regenerates HP faster past threshold.
Ballista: Now mini-crits on direct hit. Can now damage tank. Explosion sound doesn't deafen the ears. Tweaked angle of arrow from -8 to -5
Dummy: No changes.
Grill: Buffs last 10 seconds (from 5).
Added ye olde replacement for the Mini-sentry and Disposable sentry: The Bucket Crossbow! Shoots Mad Milk Darts, Heals Allies and Damages Enemies.
Map: Sirens will alert players when water rises.
Fixed bug where players were permanently locked in melee upon spawning.
Added "trigger_apply_impulse" around areas where players get out of the water. Now it's easier to get out of water!
CP1 now resets after completing a wave.
Clipped tarnished tank at the beach front.
Added new relays
relay_cp1_second_bomb - Brings out a second bomb upon BLU capturing CP1. "Enable" this so CP1 triggers it. Disables self upon use. relay_cp1_oceanlevel_raise - Same as above, except instead of a second bomb it raises the ocean level on capture. mvm_bomb_extra_t - Send a "ForceSpawn" to this to spawn another bomb. Includes Announcer warning players of another bomb.
aeon_oceanlevel_raise - for raising the ocean level. aeon_oceanlevel_lower - for lowering the ocean level. aeon_bomb_extra - For those extra bombs. aeon_bomb_extra_cp - For CP1 extra bomb mechanic.
- MiniSentry turns into a normal sentry upon leveling Building Health upgrade twice.
- Buildings don't remap themselves after health upgrades, thus making them unusable unless rebuilt.
- No icon for ocean level raising after capture.
Logic improved greatly due to better experience with Hammer.
Brief Overview of Changes:
Removed Custom Upgrades.
Removed custom mission Medieval Morgue due to incompatibility.
Removed tf_logic_medieval in favor of new weapon stripping system.
Added Engineer's PDA. He can build medieval buildings.
Added Sniper's Jarate.
Added Pyro's Thermal Thruster and Gas Passer.
Made ocean soundscape quieter.
Map Mechanic: Ocean Depth
In this map, the ocean surface level is observed by the input by the popfile maker.
Use relays to raise or lower the height of the ocean.
Both are saved automatically after a wave ends (triggered by wave_finished_relay).
Relays for Ocean Depth:
relay_oceanlevel_raise - "Trigger" this one to raise the depth.
relay_oceanlevel_lower - "Trigger" this to lower the height.
Map Mechanic: Mining Bay Capture Point
In this map, the ocean water gets trapped inside the mining bay if the ocean rises, and does not lower via popfile. Only capturing the CP or beating the wave will drain the water.
The mining bay's trapped ocean water only raises mid-wave. It drains instantly the was finishes or is lost.
If the water was raised the prior wave and RED lost the wave, the map will not raise the water height in the mining bay.
Engineer's Ye Olde Medieval Buildings
Engineer can build in Medieval Mode! This is only map-side.
Pro: Costs 100% less metal to place the building and has no setup time!
Con: Building starts at 1 HP and does not regenerate.
Pro: Has 200 HP!
Con: Does not level up.
Pro: Requires less metal to setup.
Con: Destruction does not produce ammo scraps.
Each building works technically the same. Here are some other details:
- Health is used as ammo. Must be >200 HP before the special function can be used.
- Automatically reloads (regenerates HP) if greater than 200 HP.
- When it's fully reloaded, it subtracts 12 HP and uses the special function.
Sentry is replaced with...
- "A Huntsman, a wheelbarrow and a pipe bomb walk into an Engineer's workshop..."
Special function: Shoots an arrow bomb that detonates on contact, or detonates by itself mid-flight.
The bomb has an explosive AoE, dealing 100 damage and igniting (with fire) whoever is in blast radius.
Dispenser is replaced with...
Armored Target Dummy
- "An armored target dummy, for distraction and barricading areas. Otherwise, does nothing."
Special Function: Ubers self (Cannot be damaged) for 2.5 seconds.
Other Function: Has a Wrangler shield, which heals 67% damage taken after attack (effectively 33% damage taken).
Teleporters are replaced with...
- "Generates a small health pack that heals allies in radius. And light arrows!"
Special Functions: Upgrades heal amount from the health pack from 20% up to 100%. Touching the HP pack heals allies in radius (and overheals a little)
- Can always light Huntsman arrows
- Being in radius recharges rechargeable items like Bonk, Sandvich, Invis Watch, Targe... faster for 5 seconds.
- Also gives a speed boost and jump boost for 5 seconds.
KNOWN BUGS and unintended things in the map...
Nav is broken, robots get stuck in corner and go through the tank door after capturing.
Can use Lugermorph.
"Teleporter" self-destructs by repairing during pre-wave setup.
Capture point permanently locked after BLU captures.
Moai disappear at certain angles due to setmodelscale being weird.
"Sentry" is TOO LOUD!!
Tank disappears upon being shot by a "Sentry projectile"
Probably a lot of other things.
I'm actually only releasing this for the sake of preservation. The bugs / unintended things do sort of break the map completely...
- Only Engineers can erect dispensers now. Dispenser range upgrade is now innate to Engineers.
- Fixed broken displacement
- Fixed floating props
- Removed static water from beach (b/c players take less damage with addcond 125)
- New tag for bots: "onfire" - robot is ignited with 0 dmg / inf duration afterburn
- New tag for bots: "lowergravity" - robot gains balloon head + lower gravity
- New tag for bots: "swimming" - robot can swim in the air!!!!
- Sewed some displacements (Thanks Dr. Sir Knight)
- Found missing textures (Thanks again Dr. Sir Knight!)
- Fixed bad nav_avoid pathing (Thanks again again Dr. Sir Knight!!)
- Fixed CPs not showing up as locked during wave setup.
- Added new robot icons (soldier_buff_samurai, soldier_conch_samurai, scout_cleaver_flame, probably some others)
- Removed Upgrade: "+1000% Dispenser range" (Now innate to Engineers)
- Removed Upgrade: "+1 Capture Rate" (needed room)
- Removed Upgrade: "+25% Health from All Sources" (complicates things)
- New Upgrade: "+25% damage when health is below 50%" (1 tier / 600 credits)
- New Upgrade: "+12 HP Regen per second" (2 tiers, 600 credits)
- New Upgrade: "Stun players you land on" (1 tier / 100 credits)
- Adjustment: "Minicrits vs burning" (price $200 -> $150)
- Adjustment: "Attacks pierce damage resistance" (price $200 -> $300)
- Adjustment: "+% Damage Resistance" (changed to +20% (up to 60%) for $300 (was +15% up to 45% for $150))
- Adjustment: "On Hit: Add Health" (changed to +5 (up to 25) for $100 (was +10 (up to +20) for $150))
- Adjustment: "On Kill: Gain % Max Health" (changed to +10% (up to +40%) for $200 (was +20% for $200))
- Adjustment: "+10% Max speed increased" (price $150 -> $200)
-Fix this one bad displacement sew in the back beach.
- Added env_global for carrier event (so it plays only once)
- Added mothership ambiance
- Added new flank routes for popfile writers
- Reduced bloom on beach. (or not? I don't know how to do this probably)
- Hopefully fixed upgrade station UI stutter bug.
- CP @ Beach Cave now grants max speed boost for 20 seconds (was crits for 20 seconds)
- CP @ Lava Pool now grants full heal + Uber Heal buffs for 5 seconds (was trigger_hurt healing for 20 seconds)
- Added func_respawnroomvisualizer outside robot spawn so RED team can't walk into the water.
- Made spells that spawn on round start have chance to roll regular spell or rare spell
- Fixed bug where tank dispenser didn't parent to tank (done by adding a filter for all non-bots)
Mission (Medieval Morgue Int)
- Made the mission overall harder, haha.
- Most enemies spawn in different places.
- Reduced money by a lot.
- Increased count of enemies by a big margin.
- Changed Armored Heavyweight Champ to Boss Ubercharged Heavy
- Unpacked the .pop files for those that wanna take a peek.
- Changed the CP3 crits buff -> stun bots on capture (bots must be near to unlock the CP)
- Replaced Defense Buff CP (which was useless) -> 100% crits buff
- Regen CP unchanged
Mission (Medieval Morgue Intermediate):
- Wave 2: Changed some scouts to Jarate Masters
- Wave 4: Fixed bug where defeating Heal-on-kill Giant completes the wave.
- Wave 4: Changed Heal-on-kill Heavyweight Champ to Armored Heavyweight Champ
- Wave 4: Reduced numbers of xBow Medics and Heavyweight Champs
- Wave 6: Killing the main boss will complete the mission.
- When the wave begins, auto-spawn unclaimed dispensers
- Think of something else for CP2 and CP1 power ups.
- Fix bug where CP3 looks like it's unlocked (but really it's locked)