wubwubwub

KotH wubwubwub 2015-09-08

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
By the way, a couple of my friends on older computers lag a lot on this map btw. His complaint is the light show (obviously) and apparently the engineer bit cause problems.

Also, when you've finished this in 2 years, there's something we all want:

koth_trainwubsawwublaserwub.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
They must have some bad computers. Other than the Engineer part, the map has VERY little going on, it just feels crazy because it's all strobing.

Outside of gameplay related things (doors/ control point/ health cabinets) there is only a handful of props used on the map.

I even tried to do my best properly hinting the playable areas, as well. I think it's optimized pretty well for a giant open box with a space ship in the middle of it. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Semi-related, I haven't heard many people notice the 30 cows that slowly launch from the map at one point. I should make it more obvious.

RubbishyUser

L7: Fancy Member
Feb 17, 2013
In fairness, they have terrible computers. Oh, and I noticed the cows. Kinda disappointed that more things aren't solid though. Like the cows, maybe the trains.

EmeraldStar82

L1: Registered
Apr 5, 2014
I went scouring the Monstercat YouTube channel and found these that may be of interest to you ^.^
Bassex by Arion
Another World by Obsidia
Hello by Going Quantum
Internet Rebellion by Arion
Let it Roar by Noisestorm
Gunpoint by Pegboard Nerds
Undercat by Tristam
The Alchemist's Nightmare by Varien
Cloak and Dagger by Varien
Full Grizzly by Going Quantum
This is it by Rogue
ReWel by Tristam
Hipster Cutthroat by DotEXE

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Oh crap, look at that list! Thanks!

I'm not planning on listening to much just yet, but I'm trying to compile a bunch to sort through when I do finally gear up to make a new version, so this helps a lot.

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
Can we get a version with real music as well? :D

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
The start of that song pops up in my head about once a month due to starting Brutal Legend about half a dozen times and never getting far before starting over again for various reasons.

And I just listened to that song in it's entirety because it's a hilarious spoof on shitty metal. I'll accept Paypal for that $5.

It is one of my favorite game openings, though, so that's okay.

Last edited:

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
You should really play through it sometime.. it's not a perfect game, but it's pretty soothing to drive around in the world cranking some of the best tracks ever recorded.

Which you could in theory do without the game just by loading up an ipod and plugging it into your car, but then you'll miss out on buying upgrades from Ozzy.