Wiretap

Flame

aa
Jul 19, 2009
Also, I didn't like the small building on the bridge, because players could stand on the roof. I got beaten quite a few times by a soldier on top of that building when he was randomly firing rockets on the floor and easily dodging mine.

if youre wasting rocket ammo trying to hit soldiers with clear height advantages youre playing soldier wrong.

next time rocket jump up there and knock him off...

leave the bridge as is.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
if youre wasting rocket ammo trying to hit soldiers with clear height advantages youre playing soldier wrong.

next time rocket jump up there and knock him off...

leave the bridge as is.

The problem is that soldiers are pretty much the only class that can attack that position.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Perhaps I can leave the structure as is, but tear up the roof a bit? Make it more difficult to maintain support up there?

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Slanted and torn up a bit ala Harvest could work out quite nice - both in gameplay and aesthetics!

All in favor... ?

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Currently, the bridge has a slanted roof, with a few metal panels removed to stagger anyone above it. It won't be too hard to maintain a steady footing, if you look where you're going, that is.

I've tried to get some compiled shots last night, but a oh-so-greatly timed TF2 update raped my poor internet connection. I'll get some tonight.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Bridge Revision WIP

ctf_wiretap_a70000.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a70001.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a70002.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a70003.jpg

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Bump. Has to be some form of feedback from the past few tests!

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
Every time I play on this map, whether or not I win, I always have fun. The flow is pretty good from a scout's perspective. For criticism, I'd say do something to make it more difficult to set up sentries on the overlook right next to the spawns. Engineers can just spawn, turn around, and have a level three up that covers the whole room in about 30 seconds.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Keep up the great work, private.

Cerious

L420: High Member
Aug 10, 2008
sorry for the hideous image quality, it's what i get for using mspaint and saving as a jpeg by accident :(

ctfwiretapa6a0007proble.jpg

You have three GIGANTIC sightlines, one that extends really far into the base, one that covers the bridge entrance completely, and one that covers the other team's main exit. I don't know how to fix the blue sightline, but the two red sightlines can be fixed by closing the doorway that leads out of the base (you can't fix it from the bridge unless you wall off the entire bridge). There's probably more ways but it's all up to you.

Shmitz

Old Hat
aa
Nov 12, 2007
Gave you my thoughts on the back "ledge" path in VMF format.

For the rest of the base, I think you could stand to punch a more direct hole between your "lobby" room and the intel room. There might be some visibility/optimization concerns to solve, but as it stands there is no single open path into the intel room. They are all a bit cramped and/or winding.

Gerbil

aa
Feb 6, 2009
The map played really good. Though I think the intel rooms are too sentry-friendly. Might want to block some bits like under the ramp.

wsljya.jpg

The door behind the spawn points is a bit hard to find since you need to turn around to see it. Not sure if you were aiming for this, but maybe you could move it to a more noticeable place.

Great job. Can't wait to see the final product :)

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Alpha VII
- Revised back path behind Intel
- Added more direct route to balconies of the Intel room
- Revised Bridge roof
- Pinched route towards Bridge
- Added displacement perch alongside Bridge
- Cut sightlines
- Added Custom Intel particles by Foda