Wiretap

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I don't know, I know some people that may be able to get rid of it.

But, if I absolutely lose everything - Wiretap's A11 VMF is on my Dropbox.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
derp. atta boy.

Feb 17, 2009
Well you could have made a backup up your maps. An incy wincy virus shouldn't stop the almighty Void! :eek:hmy:

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Long story short - its gone and progress continues.

Thanks to Matt.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Matt post so we can thank you.

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Alpha XI
- Revised and detailed Lobbies
- Raised displacements alongside Bridge
- Changed area beneath Intel stairs
- Vast detailing
- Vast clipping
- Easter eggs

ctf_wiretap_a110004.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a110006.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a110007.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a110008.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a110009.jpg

ctf_wiretap_a110010.jpg

Who here can spell out the Latin Alphabet? Whats the second letter, again?

Last edited:

littleedge

L1111: Clipping Guru
aa
Mar 2, 2009

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
The detailing is almost too heavy. In a simplistic game like TF2, you don't need to have so many computer panels every foot or so. Remove the computers up top from the lobby, and possibly move a couple below so as the reduce the amount of polygons being drawn at a single time. I didn't notice any major changes, but then again I don't go outside a lot. Stir up the beeta hive.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
gameday.

Dunno what to say really. I was not paying much attention to the objective and went deathmatching in the middle.
It felt like our 4 engineers had stuff under control.
Maybe try and discourage engineers a bit more..

The metal barriers on the balcony are too low, you can headshot snipers that run behind them (but not if they stand still, the hitbox is only high enough if they are mid run animation).

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It always feels odd that the intel is on the near left wall rather than the far corner of the intel room. I just thought i would mention that. I keep thinking the need to jump down (i'm a ventilation shaft whore) towards that far corner then suddenly as i leap over the fence it's there on the left hand side instead.

Your base is still a honey comb/catacomb of doorways and ledges which makes it so very easy to escape, especially if on full health. There are so many optional routes to take in the base you're bound to pick one undefended, and then there's always the oppotunity to change route on a whim if it is.

I guess considering this is regular ctf mode this is a good thing, since this was always 2fort's issue. Grabbing the intel was hard enough given the significant choke points throughout the mid base area, and getting out was an even harder problem due to the 2 narrow corridors of death.

I wasn't a fan of the catacomb design but then i'm just a 2fort fanboy so i should probably just learn to live with a different ctf map design. I just think that defenders should be given the oppotunity to intercept a flag carrier, and this just isn't viable on this layout design, as it's almost impossible to predict what route the player is escaping, and even harder to catch up since the spawn is at the back of the base, rather than its flank. Which was otherwise always a solid mechanic for standard ctf play.

Since entering the base is now as easy as escaping it, it doesn't seem as balanced as it might sound. My experience being that unless you run into a pocket heavy or chose to go the route with the camping demoman, pretty much every incursion is victorious.

edit: On another note, the scottish resistance as a weapon is the most useless alternative weapon besides the passive razorback. The sticky launcher is superior in almost all aspects of TF2 play. Your map on the other hand, really compliments this weapons dynamics. It's a shame this map didn't come out on the war update.

Last edited:

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
I'd like to retain some seriousness among my work thankyouverymuch.

Jan 20, 2010
I'd like to retain some seriousness among my work thankyouverymuch.

But it's a map in TF2 and TF2 is far from serious. D:

But, alright. You're choice. Just missing a great opportunity to make people laugh. :(

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
I seldom miss the opportunity. I think you're actually overseeing the humor in the file, subtle as it may be.

Jan 20, 2010
I seldom miss the opportunity. I think you're actually overseeing the humor in the file, subtle as it may be.

Nah, I see it. The misplacement joke and the massive 12 minutes. But I still think it could use more. :O