[WIP] tc_meridian

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007

Scoobingsthe2nd

L4: Comfortable Member
Nov 11, 2007
I kind of feel guilty having my name as an author because truth be told I haven't had anywhere near the time I would have liked to have to work on this. Probably 90% of the actual map minus model/texture work is Shmitz. If anyone has anything specific about the temple portion though be sure to let me know.

-thanks

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
That bridge is soooo badass!

Had a lot of fun playing this one today. The CTF concept is a novel concept, but will be confusing for newer players.

I found one issue around the hut area. (pic below) It looks like you should be able to get through here but you can't. D: Bad place to get stuck and die if you aren't careful.

The map also made me come up with a cool math question:

If TF2 = Best game ever, and Giant Robots = Awesome, then what does TF2 + Giant Robots equal?

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
If TF2 = Best game ever, and Giant Robots = Awesome, then what does TF2 + Giant Robots equal?

I'm pretty sure the universe would explode...

...AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME. :thumbup:

All this talk of giant robots means we gotta get this in here, too.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNu6_dxWbNo"]YouTube - megas xlr intro[/ame]

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
Obvious thing was that last round, we had 2 sets of your intel and we couldn't cap. Also the flags not returning on sudden death. Here are some shots.

Wrong color intel (not sure which round it was)
tc_meridian_a10008.jpg

Door in the back.
tc_meridian_a10009.jpg

I have no idea, might be on my end only.
tc_meridian_a10010.jpg

Vander

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Feb 16, 2008
For real Lolz, do you not remember that bamboo texture from 2Fort?

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
They have bamboo all over Dustbowl too.

Earl

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 21, 2007
Don't forget the huge dam in hydro which is almost entirely made of bamboo.

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

L10: Glamorous Member
Apr 12, 2008
A little known fact: Those barrels at the end of goldrush that you see blow up? Bamboo. That isn't actually fire in the explosion, just burning bamboo.

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
Wahahaha hilarious!

Shmitz I think this looks awesome, its something diffrent and I have no worries or don't have to make any comments because you see the flaws yourself (like you said, the roof texture)
I got my eyes pinned on this project...

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yeah I'll second that snipergen, I'm definatly looking forward to having a new TC map :D

[I believe even snipergen's new dirty bomb is using radioactive bamboo inside those barrels....]