WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
Basically, I'm don't think the Maritime theme is going to work with my map. So, I've restarted the detailing.

It's still leaning towards gray, but I'm hoping I can end up using that to my advantage, and make a really cool looking map.

aren't those HL2 textures?

radarhead

Basically? Kind of a Huge Mess
aa
Mar 6, 2013

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
[...] if It were just to hold the point for X amount of time, the KOTH timers would be more suited for it.
-Snip-

Not even close. Nobody's got it yet! Here's a lightly updated screenshot that shows off some newer stuff:
58aa2cf5b0.jpg

The points counter can be set to any desired number and the HUD will change to reflect this. When I'm done with the logic/blocking out the map I'll release the whole setup as a prefab.

Also, if anyone's used to working with getting .res HUD files to recognize/use custom images (like the PD or RD ones) I'd love to figure out how to replace the point bar container with a better fitting custom one.

Moonrat

nothing left
aa
Jul 30, 2014
Been helping ades with Northbound. Specifically starting the main detailing pass, and fixing the ugly bits of the lighting.

This first screenshot is me trying something new, some high up lighting to light the entire scene, and any high up players.

MkqNP2j.png

You can see the improved lighting here, and some textures added

5wkpuHK.png

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
"Boy, porting these SFM textures and models sure is fun! Some of the textures are really big, though. I wonder how they compare to their in-game counterparts."

"Let me just boot up Cruise real quick and compare the-"

"Oh."

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
After about 6 months of not doing a lot of mapping, watching the contest streams and the recent updates have rejuvenated my interest. So, i spent an insomnia-induced time on starting an artpass of plr_hierarch. I found out that i can't make the powerhouse style work for the full map, so i got inspired by Thunder Mountain for the red side and center of the map. This is what i got until now:

redspawn01.jpg
redspawn02.jpg
redspawn03.jpg
center01.jpg

Jul 26, 2015
So I had an idea of making a "5"cp map for April fools that featured an insane amount of control points, but it was recently brought to my attention that there is a limit of 8 points in one map; any more and the game will crash. I tested it, and it seems to be true.

Upon doing a bit of research, I found this:
1ee5bd43c0.png

f7a725aad6.png

LIES! LIES I SAY!

Jul 6, 2015
Not even close. Nobody's got it yet! Here's a lightly updated screenshot that shows off some newer stuff:
58aa2cf5b0.jpg

The points counter can be set to any desired number and the HUD will change to reflect this. When I'm done with the logic/blocking out the map I'll release the whole setup as a prefab.

Also, if anyone's used to working with getting .res HUD files to recognize/use custom images (like the PD or RD ones) I'd love to figure out how to replace the point bar container with a better fitting custom one.
koth pd

Luigi1000

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2015

The file your looking for in specific is the hudobjectiverobotdestruction.res (which you can edit with notepad) and the field in specific your looking for is the "ScoreOutline" block where it has the line: "Image" "../hud/objectives_corepanel_bg".(The path is realitive to tf/materials/vgui) Change the path to the image and pack the map with it and it should change the image. You can click here to check out a guide to a hud editing guide to aid ya a bit.

From experience trying to make a custom hud I can say working with this file is a pain in the ass due to the fact that there are so many objects to consider and they don't always fit when you try to scale them. Requires a bit of trial and error when modifying it to get it exactly what you want.

Gangstahwezel

L1: Registered
Aug 22, 2015
It's been a while since i had time to work on my map, but i finally released cp_stranded_a4 which is my first map. I've made a lot of improvements from the feedback i got from when it was played during a gameday and i hope I can finalize the layout soon.
MPEdLAf.jpg
GrvOOxt.jpg
qAhKtlp.jpg
YOyemgl.jpg

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Some ingame screenshots of my latest pl project

YY6SsmT.jpg

75uWycM.jpg

phFEguF.jpg

sRdiYRO.jpg