WiP in WiP, post your screenshots!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Plus those aren't real bones on display, it's glossed mould casts. For effect. The real bones are kept in secure drawers behind the scenes.

Stuff on display like that is prone to vandalism, there's no way they'd display actual fossils unless it was some really common fossil like Nautilus of which thousands are available that are also common amung house holds, collected off the beach or sold in gift shops. Rexy could make it out of glass for all his artistic license capacity.

Last edited:

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
Plus those aren't real bones on display, it's glossed mould casts. For effect. The real bones are kept in secure drawers behind the scenes.

this might be a really cool out-of-bounds scene to do somewhere, like in red's spawn. Instead of microfilm reel shelves behind glass, dinosaur bones

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
laser1.jpg

Kiddnils

L3: Member
Sep 2, 2011
The Laser was constructed for painting the Red team blue and give them the opportunity to sneak into the Blu Base.

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
pryo_weapon___the_turnpike_by_soylentrobot-d4sij82.jpg

The melee weapon for a Pyro weapon pack I'm making. I used the Saxxy as a base so I could make a smaller hatchet sort of weapon for Pyro
Just a basic texture at the moment, and im not sure what to do with the handle

Made of random-ass vehicle parts, the Turnpike speeds you up the closer you get to running empty
The emptier your primary ammo reserve, the faster you run with the Turnpike active
While active: You can't pick up ammo, and you take an extra +10% damage from bullets and explosions.

Bloodhound

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 3, 2011

Yeah, Those stairs...
Not only that you are doing detail in block out stage, you also made them with displacements. D:

Well, I just want to say, please make them with brushes.
I know it´s looking nice (on wood) but if you have a bunch of stairs, that are a lot more polygons, and file size is affected.

Use the this instead and place nodraw on the inner faces.

But generally, I recommend to make only wooden stairs that way. It looks weird on metal stairs IMO.

Last edited:

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
1) metal can be bent, so doing displacements is okay if you are going to be having a "worn" and bent metal look. I might do something similiar in rust.
2) Detailing stairs in block-out isn't bad.
3) The displacements are too uniform between stairs, thus it looks funny.

Spipper

Former cheese man Gorgonzola
aa
Feb 18, 2012
Yeah I know it looks a bit weird with the displacement ;)
Actually it was a kind of funny experiment, just to see if I could make the stairs look old and worn-up using displacement. I just simply forgot to delete the displacement when I took the screenshots ;)

BTW thank you for the usefull link Bloodhound. If I'm going to keep those stairs like this (which I don't think), then I will use that technique.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
3) The displacements are too uniform between stairs, thus it looks funny.

Yeah, it looks like it was made by selecting all the stairs at once and using a large radius and a soft edge on the paint-geometry brush. Maybe if they got that way by having someone roll a huge boulder down them it might be realistic, but...