Which community update would you like to see besides frontline?

Which community update would you like to see besides frontline?

• Ye Olde Workshoppe

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Mayann

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Iron Gauntlet

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
That is about valve 'forcing' me to play a medieval mode. In old contracts you would get an x amount of them, and those would give you the rewards, but in those you were forced to play a certain mode. And for example i was unlucky to face suijin alot (which of the 4 maps i dislike most).

That its part of an update and you arent required to play it is fine (and this is why i still believe mvm does it well as there by paying you already state you wanted to play mvm + its clear which modes are required).

OK, I see what you're saying. I just don't think contracts (as you say - being forced to play a particular map) should make you think medieval is undeserving of a new map. I think that's kinda separate from the map itself. I wouldn't want to play Suijin forever either, but I'm glad it exists.

Moth

L2: Junior Member
Jul 3, 2016
there should be a japaneese/chineese themed community project.

There already was one.

lmao. no

I agree that TC and SD are underserved, but Medieval mode is just objectively bad. It'd be best if we all just forgot it ever happened.

please, there are tons of people who love medieval mode. tons of weapons are usable only in this mode, and degroot keep is super fun to play on. it needs more maps

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
OK, I see what you're saying. I just don't think contracts (as you say - being forced to play a particular map) should make you think medieval is undeserving of a new map. I think that's kinda separate from the map itself. I wouldn't want to play Suijin forever either, but I'm glad it exists.
Lets put it simple. Any decent that map gets added regardless of gamemode is a good addition to the game. Many gamemodes are in a serious lack of maps.

However, if it doesnt suit my style i dont want to play it. Even for gamestyles i dont like i still often try the new maps that valve adds so i at least know how it plays. But if 1 map of the bundle is bad, i want to be able to avoid it in the event entirely. Hence meet your match was good on that For example if dont realy like sunshine, i can just exclude the map from the list and just play all other maps without any penalty - well, at most matchmaking wait times. This is good and can realy help upcoming updates to allow medieval mode again.

Degrootkeep might be a bad map in general, it might favour some classes alot more, but its not the purpose of the map to be excelent. Its purely for fun, and it does the job. And especialy since its just 1 map, it would deserve a 2nd one.

Moth

L2: Junior Member
Jul 3, 2016
I'm not a very experienced mapper, but i don't think Degroot keep is a bad map. It has some pretty cool ideas to make the medieval mode work, and nice details like the path around the tower of point B, the places you can hide to ambush blus trying to get the points ect. The one thing that hurts that gamemode is huntsman and the last's layout that turns into a messy melee imo. They cheese out everything.
The gamemode didn't get an update in 6 years and it's very popular. Gadget made an awespome map for it too.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454268748&searchtext=
Plus the halloween version of degroot keep
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=758374382&searchtext=