What I currently know about MvM.

Davydov611

L1: Registered
Aug 17, 2012
This is sad day!

It's automatic.

Also you can get money outside of the game modes, but the upgrade stations will NOT work.

I had a feeling some one would say that. But what of we had both MvM and another game mode in one map. You could hide it like i suggested at the end of my reply.

EDIT:
It also seems that when ever i make a map using a pop file tf2 wont use it .A.

Jetamo said:
Anyone know if it's possible to change the tank model?

I think so. It was done with payload maps and essentially the tank is the same thing. It even follows paths like the payload does.

Last edited:

Untouch

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 25, 2010
If you have the gamemode in the map, it locks team red to 6 people.

Also, the tank is a seperate entity as far as I know.

Wander

L3: Member
Sep 16, 2010
I've seen a servermod that allows to use sm_resize to change the size of players (giant robots arent larger models, but normal models made larger apparantly)

So that should mean the source engine now supports resizing models? Anyone has a clue if that can be used in mapping yet in some sneaky way?

Davydov611

Aug 17, 2012
Confusion and old news.

Untouch said:
If you have the gamemode in the map, it locks team red to 6 people.

I'm not talking about the maximum i'm talking about the minimum. If you play on coal town for instance the minimum amount of players before you start is 3 and if you didn't notice the mvm_example map does not have that minimum limit there for suggesting that limiting the amount of players needed to start (and the maximum) is done in the pop file. Clearly you don't know much about mapping based on your comments. Any way that means that you can stop the game from starting by making the minimum 7 players. So in the end its MvM in a permanent preparation stage and another game mode. If it comes to it you can even have the robots spawn and die in a remote area so that they don't interfere with the game or even better they could act as support.

Wander said:
So that should mean the source engine now supports resizing models? Anyone has a clue if that can be used in mapping yet in some sneaky way?

That was already done. If you play tr_walkway2 and get 1000 kills you unlock a secret. Go to the place where bots die (as a spy) then you'll see a hall way. Go try it but make sure your cloaked or disguised. Then once you drop run to the left. You will respawn looking at a window with a giant (and animated) class.

You can also skip most of this by using noclip and going strait to the secret or by looking for a youtube video.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
That was already done. If you play tr_walkway2 and get 1000 kills you unlock a secret. Go to the place where bots die (as a spy) then you'll see a hall way. Go try it but make sure your cloaked or disguised. Then once you drop run to the left. You will respawn looking at a window with a giant (and animated) class.

You can also skip most of this by using noclip and going strait to the secret or by looking for a youtube video.

that is just a playermodel standing in the 3d skybox. the model is not scaled up.

Hell-met

Oct 30, 2010
The tank rolls on path_tracks, but it is its own entity. It's not a mere train. It's called tank_boss and will always crash the game if spawned on a normal gamemode.

It also changes model depending on its health, which means if you even were to hack your way with smartedit, it would probably change back to the broken-down tank versions once it's hurt enough.

Untouch

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 25, 2010
The tank IS a seperate entity, called tank_boss.

edit: and that's what you just said

Also minimum doesn't matter at all.
You can start any of the maps with 1 person.

The 6 person limit is hardcoded in, it sets you to spectator automatically if you join when there's 6 people/

Last edited:

Davydov611

Aug 17, 2012
Untouch said:
...The 6 person limit is hardcoded in, it sets you to spectator automatically if you join when there's 6 people.
Awh man :<

I guess the real question is can we have both MvM and another game mode in one map. I remember that to limit that amount of players needed to start you can use the command 'tf_mvm_min_players_to_start' so if i set that to 7 then i'm sure starting will be impossible. Even if they do i can have the bots spawn and automatically die in another part if the map. I just didn't have the time to see if the two of them will work at the same time .n.

Another question is if we can get people to join blu.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
So that should mean the source engine now supports resizing models?

Prop_scalable has been a thing for a long time.

Hell-met

Oct 30, 2010
speaking of scale, mvm actually features official player resizing which even affects hitboxes and player collisions. It also has a dynamic growth/shrink effect.

doesn't affect movespeed though, no idea about jumping or ducking either.

tons of potential, unfortunately there's nothing for us to mess with

Last edited:

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
maxplayers error? Did you forget to actually set the max player count as required for the mode?