1. Hey Guest, welcome to the new forums. Be sure to check out this thread to get all the information you need on the cool new stuff!

Weird TF2 Lag Issue

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Solynth, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Solynth

Solynth L5: Dapper Member

Thanks Received:
    I get this weird lag when I make my own server. These are just listen servers made from the game menu.
    This is kind of annoying especially when I want to play maps like tr_walkway.

What happens is if I'm walking up stairs I will just go straight through them, and a few seconds later I will pop up at the top of them, where I'm supposed to be.
    Say I'm on 2fort, if I go to cross the bridge off the battlements I will just walk across the air to the other side. While this happens it makes all the sounds of me hitting the floor and swimming in the water, even though on the screen I'm still in the air. A few seconds later if I stop for a bit or just jump, I will teleport to where I'm meant to be, like in the water.

I have searched for this and haven't found anything, and it only happens when I make my own server.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like some strange client-side prediction errors. Does cl_showerrors or cl_smooth seem to have any effect?

Ensure your network settings (ex. cl_interp, cl_interp_ratio) are at their defaults. (0.100, 2)

Solynth thanked this.
  3. Solynth

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, that didn't seem to fix it. It's still not working. I have tried both those commands, restarting the game, changing the level. And I put those commands in the Autoexec.cfg

Is there anything else you know that may fix this?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  4. shippouofdoom

shippouofdoom L1: Registered

Thanks Received:
    I have(had?) the same issue. I tried to reproduce it but couldn't. I changed the maxplayers from 1 to 5, and set the time limit to -1. Also, the first map I tried was one of the Valve ones. Hope this helps.

Solynth thanked this.
  5. Washipato

Washipato L3: Member

Thanks Received:
    Follow shippouofdoom's advice.

When creating a server, change the players slots to 24. The problem you are having is that the server has not enough places for the bots.

Solynth thanked this.
  6. Solynth

Thanks Received:
    Thank you very much, all of you. I will try that as soon as I get home from work.