Version Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
Right now, im fornt the computer just waiting feeback... obviusly my map dont gonna get better if i dont get feedback...
It probably wont, and you cant expect a test at anytime people are busy with life and have other things. Think for your self on what needs changing. We used to go weeks without tests, but you have to think for yourself and critique everything or you are going no where. People could make up some stupid feedback and idea which could ruin everything.

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
Your map is not going to be bought by Valve. There, I said it. Your first efforts should be 100% learning experiences for you. It should be a time for you to learn the editor, start getting a workflow, and also how to interpret and incorporate other people's feedback. Imp's happen pretty much every day, so you will have plenty of time to gather feedback if you want it. However, your attitude is going to make it quite a bit more difficult for people to give you their unbiased opinion when they have spent time writing posts in this thread to help you, and you have merely glazed over what they said so you could write another "I just need feedback" post. Quit whining and keep mapping.

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
I said it before and i say it again, my opinion suck, i dont have an opinion about my map, you want to know what i think about the map?
I think is perfect and only needs decoration and textures!! But that is not how actually works, so i JUST need that you, play the map and tell my feedback, i will fix the problems and done!

Bakscratch

Finisher of Maps
aa
Oct 29, 2010
I said it before and i say it again, my opinion suck, i dont have an opinion about my map, you want to know what i think about the map?
I think is perfect and only needs decoration and textures!! But that is not how actually works, so i JUST need that you, play the map and tell my feedback, i will fix the problems and done!
It is perfect then

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
I'm updating koth_occult for mayann with no feedback and the map has already improved way past what I had initially planned and I'm not even halfway there. how do you explain that?
Your opinion dont sucks...

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
maybe it would be good for you to move it to beta honestly

maybe once the detailing comes in it'll highlight problem areas or people will start giving it the criticisms it need to improve

if you're ok with making changes post-detailing i'd honestly recommend it

TMB

Banned
Jun 7, 2015
maybe it would be good for you to move it to beta honestly

maybe once the detailing comes in it'll highlight problem areas or people will start giving it the criticisms it need to improve

if you're ok with making changes post-detailing i'd honestly recommend it
Ok, this is cool, at the star of this thread you guys tell me dont make the beta version and now you tell me that i make the beta, wow, my map has improved a lot since i started this thread!

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
@ everyone telling TMB he needs to develop self analyzing skills: you're not wrong, but he is a much less experienced mapper than you all, and he's not going to get there on his own. Please give him feedback like you would to any other mapper so that he can start building his own understanding of level design and get off the training wheels when he's ready.

That being said, @TMB you need to be open and respectful to the feedback and opinions of people who are trying to help. They are teaching you things about mapping, little by little. After a while you will start to notice patterns, like things to avoid, and what makes a fun layout. With that knowledge it is much easier to make design decisions on your own, and you won't have to depend entirely on feedback.

tl;dr getting someone to the point where they can self analyze is a team effort between expert and novice and I want to see people working together here

Status
Not open for further replies.