Koth_Vanguard

CP Vanguard rc2

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

owly-oop

im birb
aa
Apr 14, 2009
C36vg.gif

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
it crashed clients during a tf2m test. still haven't put my finger on it, I will need to check this out.
the map hardly compiles at all at this point. I think I will convert a lot of stuff to models before I go on. I've been pushing the limits a lot with that release. :\

Last edited:

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
Whats wrong with the cars in parking lot and indoors truck? Looks like some neon lighted disco.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
okay, there is a mysterious crash happening whenever I want to test the map on tf2m's server. I have exhausted the extent of my knowledge and I cannot fix this bug. consider the map on hold for now.

If anyone of you feels adventurous and would like to attempt fixing the map, go right ahead and pm me to receive the vmf. Be warned tho, this is no simple bug, you will have nothing to work with, only your bare fists. There are no map error, no compile error, no console error, nothing. Find out why clients are crashing and you will be rewarded with refined metals.

The crash at hand occurs when the map is done loading, usually at the welcome screen. This crash only affects clients. Do not be fooled, this crash is a malicious one and will not happen on local servers (even with bots). So far, the map has only crashed on the tf2m server, my server of choice for multiplayer testing.

The possibility that the crash only occurs on tf2m's server is plausible but I do not comprehend how this would only affect my map. Because of this, I need to test my map elsewhere to confirm that the error is on my end. any help in doing so would be greatly appreciated.

tldr: fix it, I'm out of here

Last edited:

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
Wow, sounds like you're describing what happened with cp_atomicsands. I narrowed down the atomicsands crash cause to:

1) an "anti-decompile" brush entity (crashes may not have been happening before I added it)

2) Bad displacement(s)

3) Bad map logic (it was multi-stage, but I only had stage 1 active for testing)

4) A bad brush

I'd be very interested in knowing the cause of your crash because it might help me with my issue. And likewise, if I find the cause of mine, it might help yours.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
1) no anti decompile shenanigans
2) nothing special with my displacements, all power 2.
3) map logic has been tested countless times with bots on local play.
4) a bad brush would show up as invalid no?

I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong

Last edited: