Two overlay requests: Vulture's Nest Canyon signs

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
I'm no good with any kind of image editing software, so I'd be forever thankful if somene could make me two overlays I'm going to use in my map.

Vulture (the map) is set in a fictional canyon that I've dubbed Vulture's Nest. I want some signs to go with this setting - one that says "Vulture's Nest Train Station" and one that says "Welcome to Beautiful Vulture's Nest Canyon". Here are some examples - but remember, yours must be MUCH better!

They should look like posters, somewhat, with visible edges. Dirt is essential, à la Valve's own creations, but no bulletholes, blood and stuff. Actual dirt and rips are good. The font and colours should look something like in my examples, and the sizes should also be similar. I'm not sure about the exact sizes, but the train station sign should fit on a small, hanging wooden sign, and the large one should fit on a big sign that can stand in the background, like those big signs with advertisments. I'm not too picky on the sizes, honestly.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who takes my request!

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
color scheme is hard to work with if you want the sign to attract people.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
They shouldn't attract people's attention, they're just subtle background elements, kinda like the Gray Gravel Co. signs you see all over the place in some maps. No one notices them when they're playing, they're just there to fill up some space.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Well, I'm not sure whether you guys are actually going to do it or not, but if you haven't made anything yet: Don't worry about it. It's not really all that necessary now - I might even consider scrapping these signs, since they might end up looking a bit out of place.

That said, if anyone has a finished product, I'll be very happy to see it.